Qb vs blurple real world comparison

I wouldn’t destroy the old light. You can probably disassemble it and reuse heatsinks and drivers to build a better light. I’ve helped a few members do just that.

8 Likes

It’s really outgrown the blurple side.

1 Like

The 260 will veg 4 x 4 but flowers a 4 x 2. You would need 2 of them. They are great lights.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m going to try to find one that will flower at 4x4, hopefully that’ll be cheaper than two. I already have a Bestva 1000 watt blurple that I’ll probably use for vegging

1 Like

By having 2 lights in the space allows you to raise and lower as needed if you’re doing multiple plants and they stager in development or height. Just my opinion and Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Two 260xl kits or equivalent for 4x4.

3 Likes

I appreciate the point, I’m considering this one, any thoughts?
HLG 550 V2 R Spec

3 Likes

Thats a SICK light. @dbrn32 is the guy for part sourcing. I think Killa has a couple of them. @Killadruid did u DIY or u orderd production?

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ve been hovering over this one: HLG 550 V2 R Spec where can I find the kits? I’m always up for DIY, even if I’ve never done it before so I can save some cash :grinning:

I would go with 2 fixtures in the 2 260w xls be perfect for it

2 Likes

I just did the boards and sinks. Bought my own drivers. Looking into doing a strip diy next time for my one flower room idk which one yet

1 Like

So that’s a yes? Lol, I’ve got a link on eBay for one, but I don’t know if I can trust them. I’ve found another on Amazon,https://www.amazon.com/Horticulture-Lighting-Group-Full-Spectrum-High-Efficiency/dp/B07R5C4CKR/?tag=greenrel-20
And as it’s sourced from the hlg, I think I can trust it better. I’ve got the money for now, as my par meter order was cancelled by the store without reason, one of the cheap ones the Hydrofarm LGBQM Quantum PAR Meter Micromol Sensor Handheld Hydroponic Lights. But I want to do this right from the start, I know I’ll make mistakes, but if I have the right tools, I’ll learn the right way. So, @Killadruid & @dbrn32 I can’t truly make heads or tails of hlg’s site, but if I can find the kit for it, I will. Otherwise I’ll drop the $900 as an investment for myself. Goodness knows how much I used to spend in the dispensary. Can’t do that anymore, and now am spoiled, lol.

2 Likes

Thats a hell yea! If i had the cash itd go there. Going thru HLG gives u piece of mind. But im sure either of those could semi walk u thru a damn good build. Just need parts :joy::joy:. For $650~ u should be able to build whatever tf u want.

Best part is ull have that cash from now on basically. Its ‘free weed’ after setup costs

1 Like

Ok, that settles it. Just waiting to hear from @dbrn32 & @Killadruid about the availability of a diy kit, if they knows of any. Can’t make heads or tails of the hgl site still. But raring to go. Got my seeds, some GG auto and Bruce Banner photo, my 4x4x6’4" tent, jiffy dome seed starter, ffof, 7 gal fabric pots, mylar sheets for veg area, 600 watts solar power to supplement my power some sphagnum Moss for ariation, just need vermiculite and a light. Unless I’m missing something… Ppm reader is on its way, ro water on hand. Timer plugs for light control, killawat to watch power consumption… Anything else come to mind?

2 Likes

Their website seems easy enough to me. If not, growerslights is authorized retailer. Or link you have above.

2 Likes

Perlite not vermiculite

1 Like

Ok, thanks. What’s the difference?

Thanks, must be my browser. Was hoping to find the kit for the light I mentioned, as I found one for sale on eBay at a little less than $700, shipping included, however upon reading the description I found that it had been assembled by the seller, so he gets a vote of no confidence from me, but would love it if I could get my hands on a kit and do it myself. As I’ve had greater success following others links, could you provide one for said kit? Thank you for your time and patience.

@steve2 the QB are legit. Well worth the extra money. Remember you get what you pay for and you won’t be disappointed. Happy growing

Perlite is better drainage. U dont want to much water retension in the medium

2 Likes