Qb Lights for 32x32x63 tent

@dbrn32 can you help me I’m looking at building another light for my smaller tent the qb132 you helped me with on the bigger tent is working great

2 Likes

I am wondering when people post these dimensions are you talking inches feet meters?? No one seems to specify

1 Like

Remind me what you did on bigger tent? Seems like a 4 pack of boards on hlg-185 would do. Doing something with 560mm strips may be good option here too

There in inches it’s a standard size tent in the US

1 Like

I got 4) QB132 with a 240-1750a driver

1 Like

You could probably just replicate that build and dim it a little.

Ya I think I would want to use an external dimmer on this one using a small screw driver is a little bit of a pain with the 1750a driver

Would a HLG-185H-C1400 be ok for qb132 V1 boards oh and what is the difference between the V1 and v2 boards

External dimmer just get driver ending in b and 100k potentiometer.

V1 uses Samsung lm561c and v2 uses Samsung lm301b. The lm301b is a more efficient chip. About 5.8% higher photon efficacy, if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

I just hang my driver outside the tent on the wall it makes for easy access to adjust the screw

Ya i can see how it would be

Thanks looking like I will be building another light. So do you think the HLG-185H-C1400 would work

1 Like

I know it would work. I would just consider using the hlg-240 like you did in first grow because you can always dim it to way below 1400ma. The bigger driver is like $15 more, but if you want to expand later you could rebuild the frames to fit larger space. Seems like it would be better idea to just buy bigger driver now.

4 Likes

Ya makes sense

1 Like