QB 132 DIY build. In progress Join in follow along

That’s a sweet ass light. How much did it cost to build? And do you know about how much that light adds onto your bill each month? I gotta keep an eye on that.

My bill has not been all that effected by the lights. I actually run 3 now and maybe 10-15 bucks. Build was about 250 bucks the 2nd build in this thread was about 200 bucks because I had stuff left over.

4 Likes

Let me shed some light on the situation. It’s hella cheap to run!

1 Like

To be a new grower @jbum I admire a lot of the things you do and when shit hits the fan i panic and get mad and you seem to roll with the punches. I need to do better at that too. I’m getting a light soon lol

6 Likes

With me Having the Aluminum tubing from an Old Budweiser Pool Umbrella and a Couple of other things I’ve got < 240 in my QB 132 x 4 board light… @Jbum is “Tha Man” that Helped my Light Come together with Support from dbrn32

3 Likes

Thank-you so much for your response as well as your plans…Appreciate the photos. Yours are loaded aey? I don’t think Hubby wants to try to make one himself though…We also live in Michigan. Its a small world…Happy Growing…

1 Like

@Jbum Thanks for the topic! I built my own qb x4 132 for my 2x4x5. I made my own frame from angled aluminum and just bout to wire it, waiting for the power supply to come in 2 days! ill start growing my stuff then. It will be my first grow ive read all that i can around this forum and feel pretty confident. Got everything on deck . When i start a journal i will put all the stuff down but for now… Thank you @Jbum your a god at this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks brother but I could not have done this without the support from here and especially @dbrn32. Tag me in your post and good luck my friend!

3 Likes

Deff will tag some of you because I’ll need help for sure ! Yeah @dbrn32 is a smarty! I have been reading and following his comments and posts as well the guy is a genius for sure . I learned from all to be honest but your topic just puts everything together so well and it’s east to read and understand.

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

Got my lights connected finally today! I am about to put the seeds with tail in the peat pellet . 2/3 are good . One seed didn’t germinate so far . using the soak in shot glass and to paper towel

Hi T why not start a new journal so all can follow and any problems the forum will guide you just in case !
Happy grow :seedling:

1 Like

Will do I just have been super busy with work working 70 hour weeks but I’ll deff get started when I get home

1 Like

I have a quick question about the extra wires coming out of my MeanWell HLG-240H-C1750B and what they connect to? I believe it goes to a pot to allow dimming but I don’t need dimming so do I need to hook up a pot to them or can I just leave them capped off/unused?
I didn’t pay much attention to the A or the B because I don’t need dimming but I’m pretty sure I went with option B because A was out of stock. I have them safely capped and the light does work. If I decide to add a pot, what size should it be?

Oops, forgot to mention this is for a QB132 V2 4-pack light I built.
I was also wondering how the QB132 V2 compares to the QB120 V2 4-pack build?

2 Likes

Just cap or tape off each wire individually. If you decide to dim, you want a 100k ohm minimum potentiometer.

Thanks for the reply but I was able to find that information out and went to Radio Shack and got a 100k ohm pot. It’s also nice to know I can leave those leads capped off and the driver will run at full brightness.

you’ll love em!

4 Likes

You still have a radio shack? They closed here around 10 years ago. Probably wouldn’t hurt to double check it’s at least 100k or over. If it’s less your light won’t run at full power.

1 Like

It’s actually an authorized Radio Shack dealer but in reality it’s more akin to a closet in a strip mall. The name of the business it’s in is Video Image. It sounds like they’re piggybacking off of other businesses these days so you may still have some RadioShack authorized dealers around in your area.
They sold crappy electronics under the Realistic brand but they were great for parts. Don’t know where you’re located but this radio shack is in Niles, Michigan.
I’ll double check that pot with my ohmmeter. Just because the label says 100k doesn’t always mean 100k, especially when they’re rated 20%. Actual rating could be anywhere from 80k to 120k so thanks for reminding me.

2 Likes