QB 132 DIY build. In progress Join in follow along

Tacos!!

2 Likes

Yes yes

1 Like

Ya that’s weird. Suppose to be 10 character minimum, but I get away with it too sometimes

4 Likes

Do you have a website that you can order the qb boards and the driver for them?

@merimc I ordered the Boards from HLG and the driver from Digikey.

That’s a sweet ass light. How much did it cost to build? And do you know about how much that light adds onto your bill each month? I gotta keep an eye on that.

My bill has not been all that effected by the lights. I actually run 3 now and maybe 10-15 bucks. Build was about 250 bucks the 2nd build in this thread was about 200 bucks because I had stuff left over.

4 Likes

Let me shed some light on the situation. It’s hella cheap to run!

1 Like

To be a new grower @jbum I admire a lot of the things you do and when shit hits the fan i panic and get mad and you seem to roll with the punches. I need to do better at that too. I’m getting a light soon lol

6 Likes

With me Having the Aluminum tubing from an Old Budweiser Pool Umbrella and a Couple of other things I’ve got < 240 in my QB 132 x 4 board light… @Jbum is “Tha Man” that Helped my Light Come together with Support from dbrn32

3 Likes

Thank-you so much for your response as well as your plans…Appreciate the photos. Yours are loaded aey? I don’t think Hubby wants to try to make one himself though…We also live in Michigan. Its a small world…Happy Growing…

1 Like

@Jbum Thanks for the topic! I built my own qb x4 132 for my 2x4x5. I made my own frame from angled aluminum and just bout to wire it, waiting for the power supply to come in 2 days! ill start growing my stuff then. It will be my first grow ive read all that i can around this forum and feel pretty confident. Got everything on deck . When i start a journal i will put all the stuff down but for now… Thank you @Jbum your a god at this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks brother but I could not have done this without the support from here and especially @dbrn32. Tag me in your post and good luck my friend!

3 Likes

Deff will tag some of you because I’ll need help for sure ! Yeah @dbrn32 is a smarty! I have been reading and following his comments and posts as well the guy is a genius for sure . I learned from all to be honest but your topic just puts everything together so well and it’s east to read and understand.

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

Got my lights connected finally today! I am about to put the seeds with tail in the peat pellet . 2/3 are good . One seed didn’t germinate so far . using the soak in shot glass and to paper towel

Hi T why not start a new journal so all can follow and any problems the forum will guide you just in case !
Happy grow :seedling:

1 Like

Will do I just have been super busy with work working 70 hour weeks but I’ll deff get started when I get home

1 Like

I have a quick question about the extra wires coming out of my MeanWell HLG-240H-C1750B and what they connect to? I believe it goes to a pot to allow dimming but I don’t need dimming so do I need to hook up a pot to them or can I just leave them capped off/unused?
I didn’t pay much attention to the A or the B because I don’t need dimming but I’m pretty sure I went with option B because A was out of stock. I have them safely capped and the light does work. If I decide to add a pot, what size should it be?

Oops, forgot to mention this is for a QB132 V2 4-pack light I built.
I was also wondering how the QB132 V2 compares to the QB120 V2 4-pack build?

2 Likes