PWM showing up 3 weeks into flower

I’ve been seeing spots on my plants. They’re 3 weeks into flower. I just sprayed them with milk/water that i’ve seen gets rid of it. My humidity is always jumping from 45-65. I can’t seem to keep it in line to prevent anymore pwm. I’m considering buying the AC infinity fan system with the humidity monitor that’s all connected to help get the air out. I don’t want to lose my plants to this. Has anyone else bought the AC infinity system and how well does it help with the humidity?

3 Likes

Do you have an exhaust fan? Running 24/7?

I would not expect that much variability if you are. You might be better off purchasing a dehumidifier for the space your tent is in, that way you can set a “floor” on that humidity.

I do have an AC Infinity and it’s great. I use it on my intake side to regulate the temperature when the lights are on. My exhaust runs 24/7, just fast enough to maintain negative pressure when the intake fans are on.

The faster I run the fans, the colder and drier my tent becomes. I’m not sure it will be enough in your situation though.

4 Likes

I do have the exhaust fan running 24/7. I turn it up and down when I see the humidity getting out of control.

2 Likes

If that’s working for you, that’s basically what the AC Infinity can do for you, automatically. You can set 2 speeds with the standard “T6” (or whatever size). There’s the standard “on” speed, which is used when the temp or humidity crosses some high or low set point. There’s also “alarm” set points where it will ramp the speed up to 10 when it crosses those.

They have a newer model as well that has even more features.

3 Likes

It’s been so random when the humidity is spiking. I get woke up to my current humidity/temp monitor. I just can’t find a middle point with the fan speed. I think the AC infinity automatic system will be best.

Sure thats pwm. Do you have a usb microscope you can get a better picture with. If not try and get several close us of worst affected areas.
All i see are trichomes they do sometimes form on fan leaves.

1 Like

Those are what I just pulled out of the trash that I took off before I sprayed them. There are worse ones but I don’t want to dig through the infected. There are for sure some trichomes on there.

OMG so sorry does look like it. Let me tag some people.
@dbrn32
@PurpNGold74
@MattyBear

3 Likes

Some strains are susceptible to wpm and you just have to fight it the whole way

2 Likes

Mold is a beast to get rid of… sorry im not much help here aside from possibly a hydrogen peroxide/water bath. I believe 1:4 is the ratio, but dont react yet. Wait for somemore to chime in.

Few other growers who know they stuff… @oldmarine @kaptain3d @GreenJewels

I see @kaptain3d typing, im sure hes got ya
It does look like WPM

1 Like

I can keep it at bay with some EM1 sprays and alternate with the diluted peroxyde… I heard about washing the leaves with a high ph water helps…
I know @Covertgrower has been battling it too… :nerd_face:

And I’m sure @GreenJewels has something in her sleeves for that… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I use em1.
With your being in flower i would use em1 or diluted peroxide. Lemme find the ratio

1 Like

The dose is 3% peroxide 1/1 mix.
Most have found it ineffective though.
Wpm likes humidity and cool temps. You may want to look into a dehumidifier for future grows. Good luck. I battle with wpm outdoors in my gardens.

3 Likes

I’ve wipe the infected leaves with water peroxide 50/50 before removing, helps keep spores from floating around then remove from room. I spray the same mix. You have to stay up on it, it is very difficult to eliminate. Good luck🤑

4 Likes

I think it may have been @Happilyretired who suggested to raise the water’s PH to make the surface less prone to Wpm… :thinking:

3 Likes

You guys (and gal) are flipping AWESOME! Thanks for the assist. Could have (and probably should have) went to google. But why bother when you have a friend inweed

8 Likes

Thanks @PurpNGold74 new you would get some of the right people in here.
I’m terrible with names. Remember most of the info but names not so much. Sometimes i still have to look yours up
Allmost ashamed to say that as much as we’ve been in the same thread’s.

4 Likes

Haha no problem Doc. Thats my niche. Convos… and even then I forget who said/did what all the time

1 Like