Putting tent in Michigan basement?

I also grow in my basement just South of you in Ohio and from time to time I have had water from extended excessive rains where over the last 15 years there have had 2-3 times of up to an inch of water across entire floor.
This spring have had a couple puddles in one of my tent rooms for a day or two but I also built a platform for the tent so that it’s up off the floor about 4” just in case. My 4x8 tent just barely fits height wise in the one room with finished ceiling once on the platform.
So far I’ve had no mold issues with my grows. I also run a dehumidifier in one of the rooms where I am flowering. The temps during lights on in both tents are between 80-83f Rh 40-45 in summer.
Upstairs temps with central air is around 72 and Rh 50-55.

Winter in basement I had to add heat to the tent (small heater) or crank up furnace but looking back not sure was needed.

I vent both tents in line 8” fans ducts along the rafter runs into a third room and leave the door open to upstairs in summer…hot air rises and cold air falls…keeping temps in basement usually 10 degrees cooler than first floor.

Here is a look at my platform I built for the tents to keep them off the concrete just in case

Hope this helps

2 Likes