Put plants in tent and growth has slowed, leaves drooping

Hi there. I started some Skywalker and Jack Herer in mid July. Started in light warrior, transferred to 1 gal with Happy frog. Started giving fox farm nutes after 6-7 nodes. Plants looked good in an open closet w/ 100 watt led 6” away. Transferred to 2’x3’ tent with 600 watt led (300 veg 300 bloom) and used only the 300 watt veg leds for 2 weeks @ 36” away. Leaves started to droop and growth slowed. Tried using both veg and bloom leds and plants looked a little better at first, now same as before. I have (2) 190 cfm exhaust and (1) 190 cfm blowing fresh air in. 2 small fans inside. Temp 79 degrees veg only/83 degrees w/both veg/bloom leds. I try and let soil dry 2” down before watering. Any ideas why they are drooping/slowing growth? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I’m betting they’re root bound. That’s to small of a pot for those plants. But there’s lots of people here with tons of experience that will be along shortly to confirm that. In the mean time you might want to fill out the support ticket just to help provide all the details.

7 Likes

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

1 Like

Leaves look good…BUT… root bound plants don’t flourish and prosper.
If you want more than what you have now…PUT PLANTS IN 5 GALLON CONTAINERS

2 Likes

Perfect. That makes sense because when I stepped up from pint to gallon, they had new growth. Thanks.

1 Like

Defo root bound they babies are being suffocated 5gallon pots minimum bigger the pots more space for root growth. Get some fabric pots thy help air prune the roots keeping thm nice and healthy. Rule of thum. For autoflowering strains need a minimum 3gallon pots to get decent size plant. And feminized or regular photo seeds need a minimum of 5gallon pots. Fabric pots are a great help keeping ur roots healthy with breatheable fabric air prunes the roots works wonders. Must try if you havent already. Amazon has some nice ones at decent prices aswell.

1 Like

Thanks @Mikos I put them in 5 gallon fabrics last Friday. Still a bit droopy. A friend mentioned removing some of the water leaves at this point. Going to try that tomorrow I think.

Recent pic from yesterday attached.

2 Likes

Don’t remove any leaves. Give them time to adjust.

2 Likes

No dont remove any just now let them dry out a little and see if they perk up they look like maybe over watered.

1 Like

You might want to move up to 5 gallon pots.

Edit: ah, I see that you’ve already done it!

1 Like

Give them a couple days to adjust and you will be rewarded with a ton of new growth. I’m interested to see how The JH is. Looking at growing that strain.

1 Like

How are your plants doing??

1 Like

1 Like

@Familyman
Much better! These pics are 2 weeks after being transplanted into the 5 gal pots with ocean forest. They’re loving it. Jack Herer is on the right, Skywalker on the left. In the individual pics, both are around 21” after 8 weeks from seed. I took some clones from each last week and today I’m switching over to a 12/12 light cycle.