Purpose Built shed 2017

Soils should have decent silicate content with less need to add any

3 Likes

I understand, for whatever I feel they’re a little more hearty when I add a little. And I haven’t experienced any issues with doing so at the levels I stated.

1 Like

it is touted to increase pest resistance as well as drought and stem thickening

5 Likes

Didn’t know about the pest resistance. I was using for stem health and strength. Thanks!

2 Likes

Light is about 10" above ladies at this point and liking results so far topped off res today
30ml micro
60ml bloom
25ml Cal-mag
50ml sweet
1 tsp bloom booster
ppm 1400 ph 5.8 /5gal snow melt entering week 3 of bloom stretch almost entirely finished may do some bending tomorrow so I can keep light at current range. Has been no signs of nute burn and triches are developing right out onto fan leaves with over 5 weeks left to grow :slight_smile: am enjoying result of aero unit though plants stretched slightly more than I had wanted

10 Likes

The smell OMG like citrus did some bending this morning and the smell absolutely awesome sweet and tangy I can hardly wait for the ladies to finish. They just loved the res change bending was just a last chance formality since they are pretty much done stretch an act to let light get to outer edges more than needed

7 Likes

Well getting ready to finish up my trimming then give my veg space another bug wash

5 Likes

updates

triches forming right out to fan leaves :slight_smile:

My super skunk on stage 2 of mainline training starting more aggressive feeding this is more for my cloning thread than this one but also have it’s sister only topped once for comparison :wink:

Both in same size pots same soil same age same nutrients the more natural less trained plant appears bigger and in better health.Yes I am aware of the leaf damage dealing with thrips at the moment :wink: should be interesting to see which plant does better?

today after nearly a week under 12/12 adjusted light height and did some more bending

5 days ago would say progressing nicely

11 Likes

Well I have been busy last few days had my uncle call and we were setting up a time to work on his new grow space which works out to be a road trip and 2-3 days of work. Then plans changed from doing it this week to putting it off until he is done with court so hooked him up with 1/4lb and spent a day socializing with him. I am still fighting with Thrips in my Veg and mother space so tonight hit space and ladies with DE looks like a bag of flower exploded but should help knock them down some more I got a couple days behind on my spraying so they managed to get another cycle of eggs going on me :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: So restarting attack on them DE then insecticidal soap every 3 days followed by Neem easy enough to get rid of if I don’t slack any and stick to schedule. Also made some oil lastnight

7 Likes

I slacked off with my pest controls when I didn’t see any gnats for a few days…until one was seen crawling around on the soil…so back to DE and Neem Oil…I did get a little upset when the gnat showed itself…I sprayed the Neem Oil while the light’s were on, frying a few small leaves…lesson learned.

2 Likes

I would teach the misses how to tend my plants but she likes being able to plead ignorant so not so simple as saying come watch and learn she figures if she never helps she can deny knowledge lmao.

8 Likes

I feel ya, my family now stays away from my grow room except to knock politely. they haven’t seen it in 6 months.

4 Likes

I think that is how it is here too @Donaldj , if he doesn’t touch the tent, or even look at the plants, he can pretend that big tent isn’t sitting in his basement with “stuff” in it, I think it might be implausible deniability. Bwahahahaha

2 Likes

Just a little easier for her to plead ignorant since mine is in a locked shed outside

2 Likes

update pics
day 12 since flip

This weekend res change will be indroducing PK booster since buds are starting to develop

week 4

progressing nicely will be doing res change in few days doing good with 4 weeks left to go :stuck_out_tongue:

lady bouncing back nicely from transplant and my abuse also testing a super soil blend on it so should be interesting if it turns out nice I am willing to make my own this summer?

off to thrip ville

SS

DE and thrip heaven

Bubble Gum

Before training

After coming along slow and steady

9 Likes

Both res changes done and made some oil wasn’t sure how much butane was left in my tank so if you ever run into this problem and don’t have a scale at about -3f butane is liquid and doesn’t boil off I simply opened my tank to check level and closed it back up. Yes I was outside doing this lmao. I did this before emptying column so will rerun tomorrow since tank was so empty the cold weather makes things so easy I put unit outside for 45min leave butane tank indoors vac unit in an ice bath then run butane through column crack ball valve all catches in splatter pan once tank is empty. I throw butane tank outside pull unit from ice bath then prep warm water bath as unit starts to warm takes about 30min to get it back to room temp by then storage tank is icy. I vac storage tank place it in ice bath connect purge line open both valves and reclaim butane which gasses and runs to cold tank to turn liquid again. Reclaiming butane for about 10-15min with unit in warm water bath at about 12min I shake tank to feel how much is reclaimed already. Close both valves and disconnect lines I place unit either back outside or in ice bath this stops butane from boiling colder the better if I timed things right oil has enough butane in it to still pour easier than scraping and 1/8 1/4 can of butane is worth the frustration saved trust me scraping oil which gets thicker by the second out of a 4" pot is messy and scrapers and tools used need to be cold or it boils on contact. After pour I try to scrape if needed by that point most or enough butane has gassed off for me to start vac pot which I place my oil/wax which was placed on silicone mat in vac pot and turn on vac pot is placed in warm water which speeds up butane boiling and keeps oil liquid roughly 95f never over 110f I let vac do it’s thing for 10min then fold mat to stir oil and start pump again leaving it on for another 20min until oil is translucent.
If I did everything right once I remove mat and place in fridge or outside for couple minutes I fold mat which shatters oil depending on wax content very least it is lack toffee and peels right off mat. With higher wax content I let mat sit and dry over night then scrape and place in vial

11 Likes

Doing some home work tonight as I start to plan out my addition not a huge project but requires me to start planning and budgeting with local building codes best materials simplest. Just doing ± on foam block concrete forms which can be time saving both in rebar work and sealing.

6 Likes

Just do that before you hit the bong/join/or what you prefer :joy:… Now, what is your thing? How you consume the mj?

2 Likes

Zig Zag whites or a trusty pipe :wink:

3 Likes

Managed to procure Spinosad (not legal here) so was a hunt and game of who you know :wink: so spent couple of hours spraying mothers lastnight and watering in the thrip killer. I expect will have to repeat process in a few more days it is supposed to be effective against eggs and adults?? so next spraying is just for self assurance

2 Likes