Purpose Built shed 2017

my Christmas wish list got amended…a light mover has been rated a priority!

3 Likes

they cost about as much as a light but like I said cheaper to run without the extra heat

1 Like

I love my HID…it’s the heat that was the problem…and the size, they are kinda bulky…I wouldn’t have bought LEDs, which still heated up too much for my summer grow, lol…and cost as much as a light mover…wahhh!!!

I will make my way to LED’s but will build my own with true watts in mind and start with 1 space but that will be when I move back inside and most likely will then convert shed into single flower space

4 Likes

Cuttings haven’t rooted yet and temps today dropped drastically 24f with 10f windchill from the 40’s my spaces followed suit dropping to high 50’s before I could adjust damper the cooler weather is bound to bring out my colors but will need to close floor intakes if this is really the start of my winter

2 Likes

8f -13c with -5f -21c wind the days I have to repeat the I Love My Job mantra lmao I had 1 cutting last night rooted I suspect the next isn’t far behind so started new unit up to warm the nutrient solution in it some which may take a day or so or require res heater since it was starting in the low 40’s and needs to be mid 60’s I closed intakes last night and added small space heater to space to get temps back into 70’s if it actually turns out to be a needed thing will add 400w mh into mother space instead but suspect it was mainly the wind yesterday dropping my temps and the outside vents with ice cold air getting blown through them all day which brought temp in outer space to 48f? Likely didn’t help have 6 buckets of water just above freezing in space from my rain barrel which I tried to empty other day?

1 Like

I hope you get a little warmer in there soon. I just purchased more insulation the other day for my shed. It got really cold here all of a sudden. @Donaldj

I sorted out my temps quite quickly was only the rapidness of temp change that caused any grief typically we have snow first and that would’ve reduced the cold wind howling under the floor. Also have been working far more often due to lack of snow which prevented me having time to add extra insulation to the floor like I had planned to since I have hardly had my own vehicle lately and don’t like parking work truck and trailer in parking lots. Snow on forecast for next week so maybe 1 roof left this season?

2 Likes

Flipping lights on my PK this morning to 12/12 so will be a training week as she stretches this week my CR will be getting nothing but rainwater for it’s next cycle. Have to work today to finish up current roof so we can get to the next moved 2 clones to new hydro unit last night I expect will be week or more before roots work their way through clay but so far no major wilting they had a few roots already but likely could’ve used another week under dome no biggie I have 2 spare cuttings which hadn’t rooted yet if they fail

2 Likes

Soundsikr a good plan. Time constraints are problem for all of us. Especially wiggly kids!

Bad Me lmao lowered my light slightly too much when I added light mover had to do further homework on my lights seems much closer than 20" and they start to bleach leaves you’d think at 30k lumen I could get them as close as a 400w but nope LMAO. Used to run my 400’s at 8-10" my 315w was about 16-18" did temp fix lastnight but will need to get ratchet hangers today to do it right and set to optimum with lights off $130 bulb that doesn’t take kindly to being jostled while on :wink: The height thing is not major issue to me since it means I can support larger canopy in future scrogs at that height with 18" of movement my scrog can be full 5’x3’ or larger typically moving my ladies into space limits their size :slight_smile: too large and I can’t move them so I keep them around 30" round in veg.
Just flipped my other lady so I expect will have to do some tying today though I transition my lighting in such a fashion I get roughly 7 days of stretch before they slow down to crawl we’ll see if this plant follows suit? I always have preflowers before flip if I don’t in my books they aren’t ready or are male

1 Like

@Donaldj i love this song! Havent heard it in like 15 years!!!

@Donaldj idk why, but i am so intrigued by this Rip song! Canada seems cool, eh bud?!

Lmao they were playing off the stereo type of what people think us Canadian talk like

1 Like

this doesn’t help us

1 Like

Lmao they’re comics but your right

1 Like

@kabongster i think its Rick Moranis (ghostbusters) the other guy is from Grace Under Fire

1 Like

Attempting to defrost my Rain barrel which has around 40 gal block of ice oddly since I thought I had it mostly empty I added 4gal of water and a Res 100w heater to it 12 hours ago? So if I am lucky this morning it may be done? not so much concerned with saving the water as saving the barrel which could burst if it’s too full and freezes solid.
My ladies were looking happy lastnight so I adhere to the simple rule of if it aint broke :wink: and resist the impulse to mess with things my backup clones are rooted and only thing stopping me from putting my 400w MH in right now since I am going to need to raise cloning shelf to add light and am waiting for my hydro unit to have visible roots before culling clones

2 Likes

I made a Home Depot trip yesterday to pick up lumber and some pipe fittings I enclose deck for the winter to keep the snow off this year I am rough framing windows and a sliding glass door. The deck itself is garbage not level falling apart but is covered and makes good place for my dogs and storage until Itear it out so that will be this weekends project framing crooked walls to hold square windows the misses figures I am nuts but will turn entire deck into a sun room :wink: while at HD I picked up a couple more post jacks since the foundation is definetly on my to do list for next summer so I plan to have entire house either on cribbing or jack posts by spring

4 Likes

All out of likes @Donaldj but all of this is good. Except the bleaching of the leaves and the frozen barrel.