Purpling leafs during later stages of flowering

So I’ve been reading this could simply be a
Temperature fluxing / temperature difference of more than 10 degrees. I did have a temperature fluctuation for a week or so due to the temperature in my area (these are indoors but don’t have a heater so the temps dropped down a few times) the plant seems healthy and buds seem to be ok I just wanted to get some opinions on if it is due to temps or if maybe there is something else going on. Only happening on one of my plants all the others don’t have any purpling of the leafs.
Thanks in advance.

8 Likes

Looking forward to hearing the feedback on this as I’ve experience similar previously…

Your plants look remarkable! Yes sudden drops in temp can cause your plants to turn purple, blue, black etc. And I’ve never heard of it affecting plants in a negative way but I’m not 100% on that though. Either way great job. I’m jelous.

1 Like

This is a natural Pheno and very nice a sign your plants are finishing up healthy

1 Like

the roots just got a little chilly… i know people who intentionally keep their root zones considerably lower than their flower zones temps to try and force the buds to purple up as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

@HCHGC, @Donaldj and @B345T thanks for your replys. I was hoping that’s all it was but I’ve never had it happen before so I just wanted to be safe. Wasn’t sure if I had given them too much phosphorus or potassium or something. Figured it wouldn’t hurt to pose the question. My mind is at ease now.

Thanks again👍

2 Likes

I’m with you there mate, if I’m not sure doesn’t hurt to have a few other opinions :wink:

1 Like

That’s just a beautiful bud there buddy keep up the great work

1 Like

Looks great to me @Jmesser80 your going to enjoy your self for sure

1 Like

Thank you.
Hoping this weekend they will be ready.

You going to split your stem ? @Jmesser80

I think so. I at least want to split a few of them and see what happens. I’m kind of scared to to be honest. Don’t want to screw up all my hard work. I was going to wait until the trichomes were at least all cloudy that way if I end up messing up I can just harvest them.

2 Likes