Purple stem purple spots on leaves

Ok this is second grow ilgm cookies extreme , soil is stonington blend. Rain water pH 6 soil pH 6…sp 3000 light temp 78-80 constant ,18-6 hrs…100%… 46 days. Full flower…have purple stems ,spots on leaves ,and they have a leathery texture…buds are great looking but she’s trying to tell me something in the tent also have another cook x, and 2 Bruce B…all look great same same for all…watering about qt.daily as the moisture meter reads…stonington is supposed to be set …but she’s screaming for help and so am i…thank you …

3 Likes

Two unrelated things going on. The purple stems is not uncommon and nothing to concern yourself with

The leaves on the other hand is not normal and although I don’t know what exactly it is causing it
I’ll take a few who might know

@Hellraiser @PurpNGold74 @CygnusX1 @oldmarine

Maybe these pros will know what’s up with leaves and can get you back on track

2 Likes

Assuming you’re growing in soil, you want to get your PH up to 6.5. It “looks” like the soil may have been a little hot for her early on (see some burned tips) and now you may have some lockout going on due to that PH (if accurate).

What is your medium (if soil, what brand, etc) / what are you running for nutrients?

What size pots?

Also, what are you using to test your PH / do you have a PPM / TDS meter?

Your watering pattern seems off, they like wet / dry cycles. for 5 gallon pots, you’d want to put in somewhere between 1/2 and a gallon of water. Given you’ve started flowering its impossible to answer for sure without numbers, but you’ve likely depleted the nutrients in the soil and want to be supplementing. You should be getting about 20% runoff at this point when watering and not water again until the pot feels light.

If you can answer some of the basic questions above, or even better, look up the support ticket details and post responses here the gang will be able to help you get back on track!

3 Likes

It’s coast of Maine stonington blend soil ,meter is one of those with 2 prongs and pH /light/moisture…using more water lately but I’m letting the top dry out before water…have not added anything because the Blend is “supposed to be” complete" but I’m thinking some casings or bloom type may be needed…first time w this soil…hope that helps…

And yes I think it may have been too hot" also…my first post here was exactly that bout 4wks ago…good eye…

1 Like

Definitely need to spend a little on a meter. Apera has one about for $65 that does pH and TDS. Don’t want skimp on the pH meter, I almost fried mine with a cheapy

3 Likes

Yeah just got the light for this 2nd grow first was blurple…so yeah need a better meter … will do today…improving daily…haha

1 Like

Yeah, don’t make any PH adjustments until you have a reliable meter. Don’t trust the prong meters for PH, ever

Here’s one that many of use, for good reason…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENFOHN8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

Thank you…

I’ll go to local shop shortly grab this meter…and get back in couple hrs. With numbers…

2 Likes

You are lucky to have a local shop that would have this

I hate/ love Amazon
It’s great that you can get almost anything shipped but waiting sux and paying shipping even sux harder

2 Likes

Hopefully they have it…haha…I feel same way about…the Amazon monster

2 Likes

Yeah time to dial in the ph. And I would not count on the soil to provide all the nutes needed during flowering, they (super soils) tend to peter out in mid flowering.

7 Likes

Agree.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation about super soil. It’s not a set it and forget deal. You need to replenish the bacteria and microbes in that soil.

Are they the same or are they great? If they are fine, I wouldn’t change anything. Find out why this plant is a problem. You might have a nutrient lockout. I would start by flushing the plant thoroughly and then refeed her. Just my two cents.

3 Likes

Yes all other 3 are fine…just started easing in some bloom 3-12-6 it has some calcium I it amongst others…my rain water zero so maybe it will help ,yes pH ed the water after adding bloom. …had to raise it…so just used tap (8 pH here) and the bloom lowered it to 6.5…so we will see if good, next time I’ll take the time to breathe out the chlorine in the tap overnight …she’ll be ok got lots of experience helping us out…much appreciated

2 Likes

Ok will definitelyook into starting to fortify the soil ,can’t have go bad now…thank you

1 Like

See, you’re doing so many good things for your grow.

Is that Dyna-Gro? I use Happy Frog dry amendments and Alaska fish fertilizer.

3 Likes

Yes dyna grow, thanks no sense doing it the wrong way…I’m trying did it back before leds…then just stopped some thing have changed others haven’t…was hydro then the “new” thing…early 90

1 Like

I started this because of hydro. I looked into aquaponics and found coco coir. This is the thing that has made the most difference for me. Spent last year dialing in my grow and this year figuring out outdoor grow cycles. Next year should be my best year. Not that I’m having too many problems.

2 Likes

Thank you definitely leaning that way…stared w some bloom…rain water zero …so bloom gas some cal. also used tap to feed w bloom so I brought the pH of tea (8) down 6.5…so they are feed and we’ll see…info here is great thank you all

2 Likes