Purple leaf stalks and stems

Purple/red/maroon stalks and stems, is this a sign of a problem?

Only the stems and leafs at the top colas are showing this color. leaves stems and stalks closer to the middle and bottom are still green.

PH 6.0 / 700-1000 ppm water dwc

6 Likes

That is actually quite normal I’ve seen that many times. Nothing to worry about good luck.

8 Likes

Think about the genetics you are growing! I had a wedding glue that I grew that had something similar. The genetics I grew were known to throw colors similar so I just let it rock🤙🏼

8 Likes

@neelnkp You appear to be week 3ish into flower just from looking at your pic.
Nice looking plant btw.
Have you upped your p and k yet by any chance. They’ll eat more for the next few weeks as the buds start to build.
The newer led lights will cause the upper portion of the plant to eat a bit faster than the bottom area why the colouring is more concentrated to the uppers.
Lil cal mag wouldn’t hurt either if its not already in your base nutes.

Genetics also plays a large role in colours showing.

Good luck with your grow.

:v:

4 Likes

Purple stems are quite normal as they guys before stated. There is one type of nutrient deficiency/excess that has purple stems listed as a symptom and for whatever reason that’s the one that sticks in everyone’s mind. It gets asked a lot, but you got no worries. Most of my plants show purple on the stems.

7 Likes

This typically referred to as red petioles. Can happen for a number of reasons like light intensity, nutrient deficiency, genetic, or maybe combination of anything. Like the others said, if you have no other cause or symptoms of concern I wouldn’t worry about it.

5 Likes

@420noob, I think this tread will answer your question about purple.

1 Like

Thanks I had veins in my first grow so wasn’t worried about that it was the solid purple. Thank you that is reassuring.

Nice thanks everyone!

1 Like