Purple Kush - Flowering

On April 28 planted seeds of Purple Kush (from ILGM). One of the three is now 30" tall, in beautiful/lush condition after approximately 9 weeks. Is Purple Kush an autoflower, and if so, approximately when should the flowering start - approx 9 hours of sunshine in Central California. If not an autoflower, how do I get it to flower, and when?

Tony

Depends on the seed type you bought, did you buy feminized seeds or auto flower? Auto will go into flowering at any time.

Photos you typically want 12/12 light schedule to get them to flower.

Hi Zee:

The seeds I bought have “PPK-FP10 /04/06/06” on the packet – can you tell from that what kind of seeds they are.

T

1 Like

@pl19060583c.
FP-10 denotes photo period - 10 seeds.

1 Like

Hopefully it will start flowering in August, finish late October.

I find this useful in figuring out daylight hours by date and city. I entered Visalia as a central CA city. I remember horses, orange and apricot groves from visiting there in the late 60’s as a kid.

1 Like

I’m growing a purple kush and a purple haze right now. Pictures! We like pictures! :+1:t2: :sunglasses:

My Purple Kush is now 31" high, and I noted flowering started on July 6 - the plant is gorgeous and very healthy. How long will it be before we are close to harvesting? We are growing the plant outside.

strong text

Can you upload a picture of the plants?

For harvesting window you will need to check the color of trichromes, with a jeweler loupe, or microscope.

Hi Zee:

I have photos of the plant and the flowers on my iphone – give me your e-mail and I’ll send them to you.

Tony

Can’t share personal information on this forum. :slight_smile:

Upload pictures by replying and click the picture box in bottom right corner.

The system scrubs the location info from them as they’re transferred so no worries.
:wink::v:

1 Like

As a technology pygmy I was unable to send you the photos in this e-mail, but did send you a separate e-mail from my iPhone showing the plant and the flowers.

Tony

7151AF99F06749A4ACDEABBDC233376A.png