Purple Kush auto seedlings dying in hydro setup

Very healthy and happy girl in the link pic! So you’re just starting them in the hydro, and yes hydro is a big step with a lot of variables. I just finished a single plant using an Aero set up and the growth was unreal :love_you_gesture:

I just looked at my DWC girls and the 2 Purple Kush auto flowers are starting to shoot white hairs already! Great I’ll get a whole gram. Jeez can’t wait. At least the 2 fems are doing their thing so not all is lost. Not real happy with autos! There way to touchy & temperamental. Just like my girlfriend (I’ll b in the dog house if she reads this but oh well).

2 Likes

:joy::joy: don’t get discouraged, the stretch is coming. I struggle big time during the first 3 weeks with my aero auto ReSpunn Gelato and after that the growth was explosive. Keep the faith Brother and autos can be finicky and need a healthy start for sure :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Wow picture #2 is what mine are at basically then. Maybe a week behind. That gives me hope! Especially if I can get anything near picture #3. I’m impressed :clap:!
How much did you end up with may I ask please?

1 Like

A little over 8 zips after smoking a zip before it cured :joy:. About 2 zips of popcorn nugs from the bottom. All in I would say a total of around 10ish

Your “old school” like me using the term zips :shushing_face: :zipper_mouth_face:. Am I correct? I’m almost 60.

2 Likes

Yep…about as old school as they come :joy:. Just turned 59 last month. We never measured weigh on bags either, we used the 2 or 4 finger method :joy::love_you_gesture:

That wouldn’t work for me. 2 fingers of auto buds is less weight than 2 fingers of photo buds :rofl:

1 Like

To each his own, I have auto buds heavier than some photo buds I’ve grown. All in in the breeding if all other grow variables are on point :love_you_gesture:

I have yet to have this happen in my operation

1 Like

I will say that the percentage of autos compared to photos is 40/60. @repins12 crosses all have had super dense buds as well as almost all Fast Bud strains. Autos are like a box of chocolates but if I was selling it definitively would be photo periods :love_you_gesture: I grow for myself and some veteran buddies and autos help when I can get enough going for a bud run

3 Likes

That’s because most seed banks are about quantity not quality. Ran into the same thing in my moonshine making hay days. I have strains that have never been released because I refused to release anything that I thought was inferior. I may try them again someday but most likely not. I did preserve enough seeds for these strains, if I decide to do a re-do. I’ve had a lot of people tell me that if they could grow autos like that, they would not grow photos. I don’t know that I would go that far. They both will always have a place in my garden.
When I am not creating new strains, I usually grow photos and autos in the same tent to create a pho continuous grow. Seemed to work for me. at least 2 auto harvests to every photo grow, sometimes 3 and light cycle don’t mean shit to autos. 24/24, 18/6, 12/12. 11/13 they still do their thing :man_shrugging:t4:
Kinda a no brainer in my personal opinion.
Just my $ 0.02 :v:t4:
Gary

4 Likes

Well said Brother, you’ve seen the results from your crosses and their spread out all over the world. I’ll add the yields are a zip or few higher than my other autos. Man I wish I could have sent you a bud from the Charlotte’s Yesterdream. That harvest went fast after I let everyone have a sample and a 29% potency to boot :muscle::muscle::love_you_gesture:

Edit: I just ripped some ReSpunn Gelato and I’m super baked :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Outmotherfuckingstanding. You know that whenever you need anymore seed all you have to do is let me know. Like I have told you. I got your six and I got the vets six as well :v:t4:
Gary

Appreciate that Gary, means the world to me and them Brother :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Now with this being my 1st auto flower I want to make sure that I’m getting it right. Here are some magnified photos of the trichromes(right?) that I had off my last fem grow of Northern Lights (#ILGM2155774). A shout out 4 Robert there!!!
Did I harvest at the right or wrong time?

3 Likes

Also heres a update on the autos. They seem to be coming around now and look like their ready to take off like you said.

Hopefully 1 of these days I can play in the sandbox with the big boys!?!?

2 Likes

No way to tell from these pics Growmie. These are sugar leaves and will turn before the bud trichomes :love_you_gesture:

Are these ready 2 crop???

2 Likes