Purple Kush Auto-First Time Grower

I planted the seeds 3 weeks ago, after a 48hr germination period. One in a pot for pot soil and one in fox farms ocean forest soil. Both are on a 18/6 light schedule, temp stays between 68-72°f and humidity between 50-60%.
The one that’s the biggest, has 3 sets of leaves and 3 node sections working on the 4th, is in the apot4pot soil and is growing great.
The smaller one in the front actually popped through the soil first and was keeping up with the other one at first, but it’s stopped growing into the middle of growing the 3rd leaf/node. So it only has two and the second ones are on the small side.

So my questions are: What is happening? What did I do wrong? How can I fix this?

Thanks in Advance,
Very First Grow Ever

3 Likes

@WickedBunny

She’s growing roots. My autos seemed to do the same - fast pop, some small roots, some good growth and a few nodes, then NOTHING. I’m in hydro so I was able to lift their pots and peek - MASSIVE roots literally overnight. Then more growth up top.

Absolutely nothing. Out of curiosity, is the bigger one the one in the FFOF?

Have some patience and water in a large ring around the main stem so you encourage those roots to go searching and build up a nice structure.

All is well. Don’t panic.

2 Likes

No, actually the bigger one is in the apotforpot soil. The smaller one is in the ffof soil.

2 Likes

Get ready for some explosive growth, then. I had some “stunting” on a plant after putting her in some fresh FFOF but she took off like a rocket. Must be 20” tall by now (after I buried a good 4” of stem). You’re doing everything right.

1 Like

Okay thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @WickedBunny. I myself don’t grow auto’s, but from what I have read they r not happy campers when transplanted. So putting them n their forever home gives them plenty of space to establish a root system. Meaning it takes time, so patience is a virtue. No 2 plants grow alike so don’t sweat it, all is good

3 Likes

Neither plants were transplanted. They were put in 5 gallon pots directly from germination. Then so I wouldn’t drown the roots when watered I watered further away from the plant each time to help the roots search and grow.

3 Likes

It’s hard to explain how important watering practices are. Watering slowly enough in a ring around the plants canopy so there’s a little moisture at the roots but tons where she can just barely reach will encourage much more root production.

Also… even the veterans get a genetic phenotype that’s slower (or larger) and just overall different at times. Even 2 seeds from the same mother may look as different as you do from your siblings (hoping you don’t have an identical twin here).

2 Likes