Purple Haze & White Widow (4th Grow)

Time for a new grow Journal. I’m sticking with the White Widow but this time I’m also growing a Purple Haze, thanks to @Willd for the seed he gave me two years back. All else will be the same. 3x3x6 tent. Two 450w Viparspectra LEDs, growing in Roots Organic Original.

My last three grows have been clones from my original White Widow. This time around I started from scratch with one white widow seed and one Purple Haze seed. I began germinating both seeds on the same day and the Purple Haze popped out one day before the White Widow.

As you can see from these pictures the purple haze (left) is already so much bigger than the White Widow. I’m curious how much bigger the Purple Haze is going to be. We shall find out.

9 Likes

looks like an awesome start @BobWags
i believe i’m going to grow some more WW my next in-between grow…

2 Likes

Thanks @BIGE
I’m really looking forward to seeing how the Purple Haze turns out. Very interested in the difference in the effects between the Haze and the Widow. I’m still waiting for Massachusetts to open up more dispensary so I can go in and purchase a couple of different kinds of clones. For now I’m just hoping there’s not going to be a huge difference in height between the haze and the Widow.

3 Likes

amnesia haze is a good daytime smoke,kinda levels out the bumps in the day…lol
the WW is good evening mmj for me…
ohh and we have been waiting for two yrs for a dispensary here…lol

2 Likes

Those two strains possess many differing qualities.
The White Widow from Sabrina was lost to bud rot this past season, so my only experience with it was when I knew a young grower in CT before I moved to Maine. It was highly sought after and some of the best weed I had ever tried at the time.

The one I got from you will go in the ground next spring.

Purple Haze is very strong. About 10 minutes after you start feeling the effect, you start thinking maybe you took one too many hits and then you get hit with the full effect like a freight train.
The distinct grape aroma and flavor is also another unmistakable hallmark of this potent strain.
Big, high yielding plant produces dense, heavy buds that might require staking or overhead support.
It’s one of my favorites. I grew 2 last time so I could try out some new strains next year without worrying about running short.

3 Likes

@Willd

I’m really looking forward to the Purple Haze coming through healthy. I’ll be making lots of clones from it. I finally realized why the White Widow is so small. I remember taking it out from its tiny plug and the Taproot had woven its way through the mesh. It was about 3in long and a good two-thirds of it snapped off. I’m surprised it actually continue to grow. I’m guessing that’s why it’s stunted. But from my previous grows the haze is still outperforming the Widow.

2 Likes

@Willd i meant to ask you earlier if that Haze seed you gave m, do you remember if it’s feminized or Auto or what? It’s going to make a difference in how I trained it.

1 Like

She is feminized. My 2017 harvest also yielded about a half dozen seeds.
I used one in 2018 and it turned out fantastic.

2 Likes

My two plants are doing quite well. The Purple Haze (left) is still outperforming the White Widow but not by much. The Widow is catching up.

I want to add a small amount of bat guano into the soil as well as a small amount of blackstrap molasses. I have yet to add any nutrients other than a couple of drops of superthrive. Other than the the tiniest of tip browning on the Haze there are no signs of nutrient burn or deficiencies nor any signs of pH problems. So far, so good. Any opinions on if I should hold off on the guano and molasses since things are going so well far will I be fine adding it this early?
20190106_151419|374x500 Uploading: 20190106_151508.jpg…

Uploading: 20190106_151205.jpg…

1 Like

This is my third attempt at posting these photos. Fingers crossed.

3 Likes

let’s see here @BobWags
maybe just a glitch?

1 Like

I finally got them to load. I’ve attempted several times over the last several weeks but it keeps glitching on me so I just give up out of frustration. I have no idea what they changed but for me personally it was a big step in the wrong direction. Granted I only use my Android phone to post but I never had a problem in the past. Anyway, looks like it finally worked.

1 Like

they look great by the way!

1 Like

Thanks. I’m very satisfied. There’s something to be said about growing from seed and not clone. Although cloning works fine plants from seeds just seem much healthier, bigger, and plumper. Maybe I’m just imagining it it seems that way to me.

1 Like

i agree whole heartedly there…

1 Like

Grow is coming along nicely. On the right is my white widow. On the left is the Purple Haze. Both from seed. The Purple Haze I grew from the seed that @Willd gave me.

1 Like

I am now into the end of week 2 of flower and I can’t believe how well these two plants are growing. Purple Haze on the left, White Widow on the right. They’ve really exploded in growth since I flipped them. I do have to bring that net up a few inches though.

I’ve made a couple of changes in my growing style and this is the first harvest where I’ve had not one problem. Well, when they were very young I attempted to LST both plants. When I tried spreading the two main stems of the Purple Haze it split the stock a couple of inches. Panicking I duct-taped it. Around a week later I gently tried it again and it split even further. Taped it up again and thought I had lost her. Crazy thing is the main stalk is twice the size of the White Widow and as you can see she’s healthy as a newborn babe. I got lucky. You can see the split in the 1st photograph.

1 Like

The White Widow is looking better than any I have grown so far and the Purple Haze has become a monster. Here is the Purple Haze as of yesterday.

Almost there.

1 Like

That second picture is something else!

1 Like