Purple haze turning purple in warm temperatures

I have just turned my Purple Haze plants to bud, and hopefully I can get some help.My question is that the
median night time temperature in S.Florida during January/February is about 65 degrees at night. Will this have a factor in the color change not coming to fruition. I have read there are medical benefits from the flavinoids, or something else. I will be very greatfull, for any feedback. One last variable, We do drop down into the 40’s, yet it will statistically happen a few nights in the next 60 days.

1 Like

Im with ya there bud. Nwf its the same way. Think our winter is done .

65f you should be fine @S.FloridaSwampman 40’s maybe not,i try not to let my plants go lower than 60. nothing lower than 55 for me personally.
welcome to ilgm got any pics?

I hope were wrong about there not being any cooler weather, but do you know if it will change color creating flavonoids if it remains warm with a sporatic cool down in the next 8 -10 weeks?

1 Like

I posted a few pics in November of some Pineapple kush. Thanks for your feed back…

Im personnely happy its warm again , im not exactly sure . heres someone im sure can help you @Covertgrower @dbrn32 hard growing here. Humidity will break you here. Never had a outside plant last longer then 3 weeks before they are sucked dry no matter how cold or hot it is here. Just my experience. Not much but getting there .

ok, that strain is on my short list!!lol
you are welcome, @S.FloridaSwampman that was a moon or two ago…lol

I sent pic of Durban Poison I harvested in November.

4 Likes

Beauty really is

It’s hard to say. A lot of strains will show color without much temp manipulation, others will be stubborn even with big drops in lights out temps. It’s probably just a matter of the phenotypes you have. With temps like that they should show some color if they’re going to at all. I agree with @BIGE on health of plants with temps. Some sporadic drops here and there they are pretty resilient to. But too cold for too long isn’t a good a thing.

1 Like

Thanks, I need positive feedback because I am 47, and till recently only grew Wahacan Mexican Bud my whole life till just recently. Getting great seeds is easy here, but so many variables with the awesome strains available. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the new info on growing, and what will strains will prosper in my logistical area. Thanks again

2 Likes

very nice buds @S.FloridaSwampman

1 Like

You are very cool, and I appreciate all your feedback.

1 Like

tks man! outta likes!

1 Like

I agree they look good!

Sometimes a step back and touch of kiss method helps everyone. Do the things you need to do and don’t stress over the minor details. Growing can be just as relaxing as a good smoke if you give it a chance.

2 Likes

I rarely laugh/chuckle, yet that’s the first in a while. Thanks again!!!

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @Bman88900
@S.FloridaSwampman some strains turn color regardless of the temperature. I did an experiment and anything under 35° is pretty much a death sentence. (Don’t worry it was a male plant so no loss) I hope this helps. Happy growing, and welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Thanks for caring enough to help me with my outdoor grow, and reliving me
extra anxiety. You nailed it too!!! This morning I took my children out to
get their daily sun, and to my surprise they are turning purple. Like
mentioned before, seed quality is critical. I purchased them from IGLM, and
wala they are working out perfectly. I am VERY GREATFULL, for the
forum/people’s willingness to help morons like myself. I will forward
pictures when I harvest in the next few weeks.
Greatfully & Respectfully,
S.F.SWAMPMAN

3 Likes

All out of likes. But you’re welcome and we love helping. @S.FloridaSwampman

I want to prmise this with much thanks, for everyone’s feedback. The kids are seemingly moving along, but the dark green with yellow is more than I have seen before in other strains. Should I slow down the muck? Any feedback would be appreciated.

2 Likes