Purple Haze is root bound

I might have a problem with my purple haze. I have them growing in a 20 gallon grow pot. They are root bound. They are out side, ever since they have been growing from seed, they have grown wickedly fast, I had to replant them 4 times because they out grew the pot in side. Now they are out side and over 4 feet tall. The stem is very thick, the leaves are huge. They are eating up the dirt. The roots are coming to the top of the plant all the way over to the end of the grow pot. I give them 6 gallons of water when I water them. My question is are they going to be okay? I just added more dirt to the top of the grow pot. @Drinkslinger @MattyBear @go blue @Fano_man2 @Randy_Marsh or anybody else that wants to chime in I would appreciate it. This year is suppose to be my perfect growing year. Thanks for all your help.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

That’s the beauty of outdoor growing! Plants become trees! You could transplant into a bigger pot if you want, or put it directly into the ground. Many outdoor growers use huge containers but it is a lot more watering and nutrient mixing. Totally up to you :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for the info I’m just wondering if it’s going to be alright 20 gallon pot is pretty big

1 Like

It is purple haze from the seed I use pro mix for the soil. It is in a 20 gallon cloth grow bag, outdoors. The temperature has been 70 to 80 degrees lately and high humidity. I don’t have run off because the grow bag soaks up the water
The soil ph is 7.0. When it was in the tent I use coast of Maine fertilizer organic. Now that it’s outside I use the fox farm Trio. Because animals will go after my plant if I use the coast of Maine. That’s all I know about my plant they look great I’m just wondering if they’re going to be okay. They are a little over 4 feet high. Okay I want

1 Like

1 Like

Yes, they will be fine to finish out in 20gal grow bags

3 Likes

I’m with Matty!

2 Likes

Yeah they’ll be fine, being root bound is not a big of a problem as some think it is as long you are providing plenty of water and nutes. I’ve had bigger outdoor plants in a 5 gal pot.

This is root bound and the plant was still perfectly healthy, if I can do this is a solo cup, your plants will be more than fine in a 20 gal pot.

5 Likes

Holy crap! Now that’s root bound to the max! The Roots and the plant has been growing fast ever since the seeds sprouted out rooter Riot Cube. They have been transplanted four times before they went into the 20 gallon pot I’ve never seen nothing like it. Thank you I feel better

2 Likes

The beauty of cloth pots is that plants don’t get root bound. The roots near the edge of the fabric and auto prune. Your plants would grow larger and have potentially less issues with a larger pot, but they’ll be fine.

4 Likes

I have a purple haze in my tent right now in a 7 gallon bag that is eating me out of house & home. Feed her everyother day & water her every day (3 gallons at least each day). The bag is so full of roots that you can’t stick your finger in the soil. For your PH & PPM you could do a slurry test, google it an it’ll tell all about it.

I think it is just a fast growing plant

1 Like