Purple Haze height

So I can continue the same feed program of 50% a week of FF trio without concern for lockout or having to flush?

To avoid having to flush I have no problem doing a deep water each time to bleed off more nutes left in the soil.

I have ~ 4 more weeks to go.

1 Like

yes continue as you describe

Pretty much a moot point. Proper RO water wont hold a pH at all. It will take the pH of the medium. (Any water under ~50 ppms doesnt have enough in it to be conducive enough to hold properly)

RO water is great for a ppm flush but trash when adjusting pH. Just food for thought. Id stay the course as well tho.

1 Like

Another feeding at 50%, another issue. So today all 4 plants were fed at 50% with “week 9” nutrient schedule of FF trio. Half strength, ppm was 1100. Within 2 hours one plant going psycho with serrations showing burn and lightening of leaves along with the usual curl. This time, cola stems are showing red streaking as well as you can see large leaf streaking as well. Only on one plant, NOT the little one but one of the more robust plants that shows the best stretch growth and flower.

So I’m assuming this is nute burn yes? And in my case I’m getting to the point of not feeding these things anymore as they don’t seem to handle even half strength well. We’re starting the 4th actual week of lower and this is where this one is at. Since I didn’t have any open sesame at the time I started flower I moved one week up to get to the beastie bloom so it’s actually a week ahead on the nute schedule.

If I consider how many more actual feedings I have to go before getting to the shutdown point anyway with possibly a flush at the end, I really only have 2 more feedings left. With the runoff being at 1060 on a water day, should I even bother feeding again and just water till this is over?

Hey water until She begs for a snack. Shouldnt take too long. They are really producing around now. And takes energy

That’s where it’s gonna have to go I think. I also moved the light up as far as I can get it. Closest spot is 16" from the light, and I turned the light down to 200 watts from the wall.

Looks like these 4 particular plants don’t want to see anything above 200 watts. Using a phone for a LUX meter I have about 40k hitting the tops of the plants.

40000 LUX certainly on the low end. This is from grow weed easy

Quick Guide – Lux Levels for Optimal Cannabis Growth

Life Stage Maximum Good Minimum
Vegetative 70,000 lux 40,000 lux 15,000 lux
Flowering 85,000 lux 60,000 lux 35,000 lux

< 15,000 lux – sparse or “stretchy” growth – plant isn’t getting enough light
15,000 – 50,000 lux – a good amount of light for healthy vegetative growth
45,000 – 70,000 lux – the optimal amount of light for cannabis plants in the flowering (budding) stage. If grow lights produce a lot of UV light (such as LEC), stay on the lower side of this range
70,000 – 85,000 lux – a lot of light, some strains thrive at this light level, but some plants (especially auto-flowering and Indica strains) lose their top leaves early under this light intensity. At these levels, lights need to be kept further away for healthy growth
> 85,000 lux – at this light intensity, you’ve hit the plant’s “saturation point” which means your plant can’t use all the light (most strains will experience light bleaching or other major signs of stress at this level!)

1 Like

Hi Titleist, I think you have a CaMg deficiency. I’m growing Chocolope and it has behaved a lot like your plants - droopy, curled leaves right after watering/feeding and then often praying within a few hours. I also got purple stems on the leaves and eventually purple stems on the main plant.
It turned out to be a CaMg deficiency because I use rainwater. I started adding General Hydroponics CaMg per bottle directions every time I water or feed and the plants got happy. It took about 1.5 weeks for me to see that it was working.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the tip there T. It actually turned out to be another rook mistake that anyone else here would have probably found at first glance. I failed to check the underside of the red petioles, which turned out to be green or a much lighter shade of red. Too much light. 200 watts out of a SF4000 is too much for these plants and has likely greatly stunted them. I didn’t mark down the date that trichomes were showing up on bud leaves but it feels like it was possibly too soon. I recall seeing frost on the leaves in week 3. Unless someone else has done the photo GG and can advise whether 3 weeks is about right or not I’m thinking they were blasted with far too much light and started putting out trichomes early.

I can say though that for what I’ve done to them in this grow they are probably pretty tolerant of a lot of abuse. Having never grown, dried and cured before if I had to guess I’d say I’ll be lucky to get a QP out of 4 plants. I also probably topped too many colas as well although only doing it twice, I did go after most colas to top which I probably also shouldn’t have done. On the one plant in the corner it’s still 6 tp 8 inches shorter than the others with small bud structure and not much stretch like the others. Not really seeing the thicker stretched stems like the more vigorous plants in the tent.

So the lights are now down to 165 in the hopes I can get the plants moving again and try to recover a little bit of yield out of these.

Everything looks great until you hit flower eh?

2 Likes

At least you got it figured out, hope they recover! I’m on my second grow now and it’s going much better than my first.
First was good, 10 very nice oz from 4 plants, but I overdid it a bit on basically everything - too much training, too long veg, too much defoliation at late veg & early flower, etc. And then on top of that I got a CaMg deficiency in mid veg and didn’t realize what was happening at all until it got acute in mid flower.
This time I’ve taken a more chill approach, trying not to overdo it and the results are much better. Next time you’ll have SO much more knowledge and familiarity with how the plants want to grow. :smiley:

1 Like