Purple Haze Grow Journal

@Myfriendis410 @MattyBear @raustin @dbrn32 @garrigan62 @Momtomask @Covertgrower

Quick up-date:
Mona is looking good. Going out of town for a couple of days. Have a 5 gal. bucket set up to do a very very slow drip while I’m gone. I’ll take pictures when I get back to show y’all before and after.
Wish me luck!!

6 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower,

Good plan. Be safe on your trip.

Will

@raustin @Momtomask @SilentHippie @Countryboyjvd1971 @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @bob31 @dbrn32 @MattyBear @garrigan62
Hope everybody has had as wonderful of a holiday as I have. Happy Memorial Day!!
Please give us your opinion on the up-date.
Left last Friday and temps were about the same as they have been running.
80* F / RH 41%
So I set up a watering system using a 5 gal bucket and 1/4" tube with a regulator and four pin hole to keep plants watered while I was gone for 3 days. I think the the system quit watering yesterday because it looks a little dry to me maybe.

Here are some before and after shots:

5-25-18

5-28-18

5-25-18

5-28-18

BTW, the hose hasn’t been that close. I knocked it close taking the pictures.
5-28-18 Random shots. She sure is bout the purtiest thing I ever did see! :sunglasses:

Should I trim the cotyledon’s off?
Also does it look like the first set of leaves are turning yellow. Could that be a sign of needing nutrients?, Lack of water?, Or too much water? Please help. I would like to get this under control if I need to. Thank a million for any help.

3 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower

You can remove those two leafs
But do not start nutrients yet
Wait till they have 6 to 6 true sets of leaves

4 Likes

Calm down, you’re under control. She looks good and healthy. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks @garrigan62 Sorry if I sound a little paranoid. I guess it’s too early to tell what sex it is right. How long before I can tell?

Sorry @raustin. You think I might be a little paranoid? lol… Sorry! I guess first grow is always the worst huh? Thanks for both of your replies @garrigan62 @raustin.

2 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower

It’s way to earily to tell sex yet.

2 Likes

Garrigan65 is correct. You doing good @HappyHydroGrower

1 Like

Thanks @Covertgrower! We appreciate the encouragement and help from everybody we have know idea what to expect! Wondering if I should start some purple haze or should I wait to see is this is going to be a male or not? I really want something to smoke before Sept. or Oct. is that possible and how would you go about it?

1 Like

I think lighting might become an issue if you add more plants. I think you’ll be fine with that schedule. You could even flip them early, after 1.5 months of veg. Just depends on how impatient you are. Whenever you see preflowers (calyxes) she’s ready to go when you are, that’s about the 4-6 week mark from seed. Sometimes a little later.
Did you purchase regular seeds or feminized? @HappyHydroGrower Feminized are always girls.
If I missed something let me know. I’ll be back in a bit to check this.

1 Like

We got regular.

1 Like

Happy little 2 and a half week olds! (guessing age, lol) I just let the cotyledons drop when they’re ready; no problem either way. Wait on any nutes until you see how she’s doing. I don’t use veg nutes normally in soil myself.

Hey @Myfriendis410 I’m assuming you mean coco soil right? If not what do you use?

Looking good @HappyHydroGrower it’s exciting to see your girls on their way, It was for me. Just like having kids, questioning if you’re doing things right.

Are you in coco @HappyHydroGrower?

1 Like

@MattyBear Yes I am.

1 Like

lololol yeah, it’s just like having kids, you want to make sure you raise them right. @Zepman55 I have been enjoying your grow as well! Thanks!

1 Like

Ok. Then you’ll need to start feeding soon. Looks like the cotelydons are yellowed up and dying off. I’d start with 1/4 strength.

2 Likes

Thanks @MattyBear I really appreciate your info. Hope you’ve had a “highly” fun day!!

3 Likes