Purple Haze Grow Journal

950 seems nice and moderate I’ve seen much higher of 1800+ but it’s plant specific and delivery specific what ever it can handle it can handle

1 Like

Thanks Fano, now is that in coco?

I think you are right on track.

1 Like

In many diff med. I’ve seen much higher elivated

1 Like

@raustin, I’m a little confused… yeah I know, what’s new right? :crazy_face:, anyways, do you start the flush when you see 10% amber trics or do you harvest when you see trics turn 10% amber?
How much do the trics turn amber after you start the flush?

Thank Myfriend!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

It really depends on what kind of high you’re looking for. If you start your flush when you see 10% amber then you’ll have about 25% amber when you harvest. I prefer to flush when I first see amber, I don’t wait for 10%.

5 Likes

That’s where getting a few grows under your belt is helpful. Because ideally we try to forecast where we’re gonna be (frankly we do that for the whole grow if you think about it) two weeks out. But I’m more of a dilletante in that I like to try different strains. That is not conducive to being consistent. So it’s more of a running target and fortunately you have a lot of other indicators of maturity to work from if your plant refuses to develop amber (it happens).

5 Likes

Hey Myfriend, so if I take some pictures this weekend, maybe you can share your opinion as to whether or not I should start my flush? Do you wait till you get about 90% red hairs or what do you look for to know when to start the flush? @MattyBear @raustin @anybody, care to share?.. can I use @anybody… oh wait this isn’t the twit account… :joy: Thanks!

3 Likes

@dbrn32 @SilentHippie, what say you??.. inquiring minds want to know?? :sunglasses:

I usually don’t check trichomes until I see most of the white pistils turn dark. No matter what the breeder estimated flower time is ( it’s usually longer than advertised, not shorter). Once you have a few grows down and get a feel for it, it will become easier to know what you’re looking for and when to start your final ripening or flush. You’re doing great :wink::v:

4 Likes

Based on the very first pics you posted of tric’s and you asked @raustin about harvesting, I would start flush now. It will take a week or so for your big sucker leaves to start turning yellow, that means you are flushing right. another week after that look closer at tric’s and maybe real close to harvest then. Look the strain up, see what it says for flower time also to see where you stand. It is preference, more amber more couch lock and TV time.

2 Likes

Exactly what @MattyBear said, wait for the pistils to turn dark, then start checking the trichs.

4 Likes

@MattyBear @Myfriendis410 @GreenThunder @Covertgrower @SilentHippie @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 @Redeyedranger @GreenThunder

Well, @raustin I believe our Mona got it’s last feeding last night. Would you care to share your opinion please?
Most of the trics really seem to have turned darker in the last three days or so.
Anybody care to share their opinion?

Sorry, I know I missed a lot of people.
Thanks for your input!! :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Yeah, she looks like she’s getting close. I would start flushing if you see amber trichs.

4 Likes

Thank raustin! What is weird, you see more amber at the the main colasbud sites, than the rest of the buds. A couple here and there on other buds. Thanks again and yess we are running a flush as of tonight!.. actually as we type… :joy::sunglasses:

6 Likes

@raustin has you covered, she’s on it.
If one of the colas get ready befor the others, you definitely can hack off that cola and wait for the rest to catch up.
I like variety I hack the moment I see amber, even if I know the rest is not amber yet. Still makes great edibles.

2 Likes

I meant pistils not trics… sorry hopefully based off the pictures you knew that…lol :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wow I’m just jumping in but that long vegetation time certainly paid off! Look at that full tent of flowers!

1 Like

Thanks man! It’s been a long grow but I think it’s going to turn out really good. :sunglasses:

1 Like