Purple Haze Grow Journal

I “ripen” rather than “flush” by running molasses only the last 7-10 days prior to harvesting. Just make sure you get a decent amount of runoff each time :v:

2 Likes

OK! The molasses I’m thinking of is supper thick. Am I missing something here? :joy: It would take hours for 2 gal of molasses to through the pot. :sunglasses:

I had a friend tell me her husband rotates sugar water. Would that be similar?

2 Likes

Horticulture grade molasses, or unsulfured blackstrap molasses, you mix like an addictive to your nutes. Usually something like 5-10ml per gallon.

3 Likes

Yeah @Missiles, same concept. @HappyHydroGrower, what @dbrn32 said :wink::v:

4 Likes

@raustin @MattyBear @Myfriendis410 @GreenThunder @Covertgrower @SilentHippie @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 @GreenThunder @Budbrother

175 days from dropping seeds in water, 69 days from flip.
Should I start a flush yet??

Please share your input… Thanks! :sunglasses:

11 Likes

@Redeyedranger @TDubWilly @Missiles @ReeferRod What do you think? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I still see lots of clear, and the pistils are still white, so you’ve got plenty of time. Don’t rush it, those buds will put on weight over the next few weeks.

9 Likes

I’m with @raustin: BUT I would watch the foxtailing and see how your buds stack. If they foxtail bad it could hurt your harvest. If it’s just a couple that’s pretty common.

7 Likes

Just you wait a minute @raustin… go smoke a bole and come back to me, last week you told me to harvest, now you’re telling me, [quote=“raustin, post:1041, topic:19261”]
those buds will put on weight over the next few weeks.
[/quote] … lol :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy: I sill appreciate you sooooo much!! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 could you explain the foxtailing?? I have no clue as to what your talking about. What have i screwed up now?? :rofl::rofl:

See, here’s the thing, I’m just guessing based on pictures, but the plant has its own ideas. Different plants will mature differently, so all I can do is give you an educated guess, sorry.

5 Likes

I hope you know I am all about having fun and don’t mean anything personal. You have been so much help to me, and I do understand it is an educational guess and for that, I again, appreciate you so much!!!

3 Likes

I know you’re joking. Lol

1 Like

Man each picture of them is better and better. I just can’t get over that sea of buds. It would be tempting not to harvest. You have a big job ahead of you :wink:. You may have to call in reinforcements. LoL. Awesome job.

1 Like

I’m curious what the foxtailing is also I’ve heard others mention it but not sure what you’re talking about.

1 Like

Foxtailing is when buds grow buds, but it’s not as good as it sounds because the original bud continues to ripen while the new bud is not, so you get a mix of ripe and unripe bud.

7 Likes

Thank you @raustin. I thought it sounded something like that but wasn’t sure.

2 Likes

Thank you: you’re a dear! (Cleaning up the kitchen in anticipation of my sweetie coming home)

4 Likes

@raustin @Myfriendis410 @MattyBear - From Mrs. Spy - I’ve done some research on foxtailing (wonder why…) and I’m trying to help Mr. Spy figure out what to do. The lights are 13.5 inches from the plant @dbrn32; should we raise it up some? I think the bud in the middle (Chinese dragon, sad monkey, poodle dog) is the one that is foxtailing. I saw that heat and light stress can cause the stress that induces foxtailing, so should we terminate and flush or keep feeding for a little while longer?

3 Likes