Purple Haze Grow Journal

What are u using to take the trichome pics ?

1 Like

@Dr.DankThumb420 I’m using https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DQJPZ41/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At first, I thought it was the reflection of the color of the micro scope but when I zoomed in or move the scope around, it stays the same. You can not see this with the necked eye. Plant looks healthy for the most part, other than when I got a little to high on the nutes and got a little nute burn right after I started the flowering stage.

I’m going to try and get some pictures when she wakes up this morning without the grow light to make sure it’s not a reflection… or is a reflection…??

At lease it’s pretty…lol, I might have invented a new strain…lol White Widow Blue Fungus…hahaha

4 Likes

I don’t know what that is. I’ve never seen blue rot though.

4 Likes

Thanks raustin! And a BIG Happy Anniversary!! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

happy anniversary @raustin

4 Likes

Thanks guys.

3 Likes

Happy second anniversary @raustin:tada::cake::cake:

MomentCam_20180109022719

4 Likes

Any idea what that blue stuff is in pics above?

1 Like

@raustin @MattyBear @Myfriendis410 @GreenThunder @Covertgrower @SilentHippie @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 @Dr.DankThumb420 @Niala
Great news! The blue is actually the lights causing the different blue color.

With lights out:

And with the lights on.

Whewwwww! Another problem averted!! Sorry, (AGAIN!!) for the panic,lol :sweat_smile:
:sunglasses:

10 Likes

Oh, that’s good, cause blue root would’ve been a new one for me. Lol

3 Likes

Thanks, @Niala!

2 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower @MattyBear @dbrn32

I was about to say maybe some kind of blue mold, in the penicillium family or light refraction…

penicillium look alike tiny trichomes… It was my first assomption…

IMG_20181028_105808

IMG_20181028_110600

However, if you are sure that there’s no blue anymore with the light off, it’s probably just a light refraction…

4 Likes

Thanks a million @Niala! A lot of knowledge in how you explained that and I appreciate your wisdom and taking the time to weigh in on this! Have a great day! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Would you recommend it ?

Hey @Dr.DankThumb420, This is my first time to have ever needed one of these microscopes so I can’t testify to the other scopes out on the market. I will say this, for what I had to choose from with an Iphone app, the ratings were OK. It’s very lightweight, the stand is kind of cheap and hard to stabilize. Being a lightweight product on a cheap stand makes it hard to focus and zoom. While zoomed in, it seems to lock up (the picture) while trying to focus. But it only take a slight movement again to get it unfroze. If it had a sturdy / heavy base to mount on and you could adjust the zoom and focus on the app, instead of having to touch the scope, it would be a great scope.

Having said all of that, Yes! I would recommend it. It’s not to difficult to overcome those obstacles and it’s going to get the job done. I’m sure there are other options and maybe something better, but for now I’ll stick to it.
How do the pictures look to you?

1 Like

I meant to tell you, thanks for reaching out to get me some help. :+1: :sunglasses:

1 Like

@raustin @MattyBear @Myfriendis410 @GreenThunder @Covertgrower @SilentHippie @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 @Redeyedranger @GreenThunder

Based on the pictures I posted yesterday, and the pictures below, would you say trics are mostly clear still?

Bud Pics

How much time you think I’ve got left? Any clue yet?

11 Likes

I see all cloudy with a few amber, so I’d say you’re there! Start the harvesting process.

7 Likes

Ooo sh!t happy cake day @raustin

2 Likes

They look more cloudy than clear to me. The best description I’ve heard is that clear resembles glass while cloudy looks more like plastic.
I’m not really seeing the amber raustin sees, sometimes the reflection can give the appearance of amber and that’s what it looks like to me.

Happy Anniversary @raustin!! I’m really glad to ‘know’ you :raising_hand_woman:

3 Likes