Purple Haze Grow Journal

@MattyBear @Myfriendis410 if you don’t mind me asking, I’m curious to know what nutes you use when you growing in coco?

1 Like

You can use any nutrient line when growing in coco. Just make sure to ph around 5.8 and you’ll be fine. Some nutrient manufacturers have lines for soil and soilless and in that case, go with the soilless schedule :v:

2 Likes

Yep, I’m going easy since I’m a noob and going with the General Hydroponics trio in addition to Calimagic. I use distilled water and will get an RO soon so it’s important to add a lot of Calmag in the mix to makeup for what’s missing that usually is available from tap water.

3 Likes

I’ve the GH Flora Nova, FF Trio, and Grow More. Plus Cal Mag. They all did fine.

2 Likes

Ok, so I found my scissors… :joy::rofl::joy:, and mysteriously about 6 small buds that were growing under the scrog fell off, along with a small bud above the scrog. After they dry, are they smokable??

3 Likes

Id burn those babies. Need a guinea pig? :joy::joy:

1 Like

Just a little eye candy
159 day from seed, 53 days from flip:

Any thoughts?

7 Likes

Yeah, I have thoughts. Where the heck do you live so that I can come over and take a big sniff of that awesomeness! LOL :rofl:

I can only hope that I’ll get to your ScroG level someday.

1 Like

Beautiful scrog!

1 Like

Mr. Indica I can assure you, this has taken a lot of patience, which I obviously don’t have much of. I have no idea how much longer I have till I harvest. For me, this has been a long hard road. For others on here, it might just be another grow.
Seeing how this is my first grow ever with no knowledge of what to expect, I, with the help of others have avoided killing this plant.

I am absolutely loving this coco. In the later stages, it is hard to over water. Early stages, be careful! Let it dry before watering. I water 2 gal every night and think I could stand to water twice a day as dry as it is at night when I water.

I am in the process of reading your journal and am loving it. You obviously have a lot of knowledge either through second hand or first hand knowledge. Either way so far to where I’m at on you journal, GREAT JOB!!

3 Likes

Thank you so much raustin! That means the world to me to here you say that! I know I’m a little paranoid at times but I’m sure I’ll calm down after I get a grown or two under my belt, (so to speak.) :sunglasses:

1 Like

Let me tell you man. Your grow certainly doesn’t look like a first timers, stop husling :wink: I’m learning as I go, the mainlining thing was a great experience with challenges and certainly not the way I would do a ScroG next time.

I could have gone to flower since my mainline was setup. But I decided to deal with more agony and waiting longer by lowering the net on her. I really don’t know much yet, just barely enough to follow instructions hahah

2 Likes

Still look good, you’re doing great!

1 Like

dB, again, I can’t thank you enough!:sunglasses::+1:t2:

1 Like

I’ll tell this much, this is a combination of advise of ilgm growers, videos of everything on here, and everywhere. Keep up the good work. I’ll catch up with you grow hopefully by tomorrow. :sunglasses:

1 Like

If by the way, this WW smells wonderful!!

1 Like

I was JUST about to ask this. Is it skunky? Or piney?

Damn thats a mighty fine scrog brother. Yea you patience is short but you’re past that noob stage too. Give yaself some credit. At least… 15%? :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Haha 17% is all I can give myself! Sorry!..lol
It has more of a sweet pine smell! I sit there while I water and just smell! :joy::rofl::joy: I think I’ve gotten a little too close… my nose is sticky! :sunglasses:

Lmao! I did that with Berry Bomb… got trichs in my nose :joy::joy:

1 Like

@Mr.Indica
I started to post this on your grow but thought twice about it. Anyhow, I hope this finds encouragement for you.
Hope you don’t mine me sharing a little experience that I have learned through out my grow along with an idea or two. Not the best ideas but, it’s working for me.

1st. How I set up my watering situation to make it easier to water with a scrog.
a) Plastic garbage can from HD.
b) pump I got off of amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00APU2X0K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
b) Cut the bottom out (about) 10" from the bottom) and drill wholes around the top edge for training tie downs.
c) Two paint rolling treys turned upside down opposite of each other. (see picture) One outside the can and the other inside the can. It makes the plant almost level and the water draining out of the soft pot is collected in the corner of the can. Next grow I’m going to use heavy duty plastic paint treys.
8-19-18

1. Plant training and flipping lights
    a) Keep in mine, in this picture I am 98 day from seed and about 1 week before flipping lights.
    b) I removed the trellis net and installed a wire scrog and lowered the scrog on top of her and let her grow as in picture above.
    8-16-18

8-25-18 I gradually transitioned into flower, meaning I took 6 days to change to 12/12. Over the next three and a half weeks, I did a lot of TUCKING! A lot!
8-24-18

8-30-18 (Tucking)

9-8-18 (And more tucking!)

It will stretch considerably in that three week period but one just has to make it go out (or sideways), instead of up…haha! :joy: :sunglasses:
It will definitely be worth your effort!

@raustin @MattyBear @Myfriendis410 @GreenThunder @Covertgrower @SilentHippie @Redeyedranger @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32
And now, day 163 from seed, 57 days into flower:

And this is my biggest bud. It’s not real big, but it sure is getting FAT!! :yum: :yum: :joy::rofl::joy:

Do not throw Vida away!!, “just sayin!!” Keep up the great work!

9 Likes