Purple Haze Grow Journal

Yup she is just ripening for you my man. Nothing bad looking. All your pistils will orange out on ya. U just happend to catch them turning

1 Like

In my Scrog, I have buds on the same plant that look completely different. This plant hasn’t been trimmed since I started flowering either. I wouldn’t stress about it. I would like to see a overall pic too tho. Here’s what I’m talking about… these are both buds off the same DTB plant, right next to each other…

11 Likes

Hey! Awesome! What ppm are you feeding your DTB at?

Last feed was at a little over 1900. I’m at day 21 or 22 into flower

Far out! Maybe I’m starving her? I try to stay around 1200, not for any particular reason other than that’s about what I get feeding “hungry” soil per my chart. Maybe more grub is in order. But of which sort? More P and K, more bloom booster? She actually looks over fed, since I flushed recently.

2 Likes

I’ve found I’ve needed to feed A LOT more since changing to Quantum Boards and higher efficiency strip lighting.

4 Likes

I have been running the lights slightly closer lately, these past couple grows, than in previous grows, now that you mention it. My Chinese fixture ain’t no Quantum Board, but it isn’t too bad. :thinking:
Or…maybe I still just don’t know what the heck I’m doing! Lol

2 Likes

@raustin @Momtomask @MattyBear @Myfriendis410 @GreenThunder @Covertgrower @SilentHippie @Redeyedranger @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32

Here are two pictures that show about half the grow that I trimmed:

And half the grow I didn’t trim:

9 Likes

@Mr.Indica And just a bud picture. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

I think you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Yup. If you hurt her… she’d be screaming by now. Plus u cant really tell now. The first before/after showed a huge diff. But now :man_shrugging:t5: She is chugging.

2 Likes

She looks fine to me… I just did a major trim on my Cindy Scrog

2 Likes

Seems like most everyone has already advised that you should be OK. It all looks really beautiful. Very successful ScroG sir thus far.

I likely won’t defoliate after the stretch from flip is over if/when I get there.

1 Like

But you’ll listen to your lady and when the leaves are choking the buds… she’ll get a haircut :wink: - in my @Whodat66 voice :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Was it 6.5 weeks into flower. I have read, do not trim off fan leaves because they are the life blood of the buds. Pictures don’t do my scrogg Justice Half has definitely been stressed. The side that wasn’t trimmed is actually taller than the rest of the the plant. I do believe it’s going to be okay!

2 Likes

You’re probably right man. She’s a bushy one I tell ya.

2 Likes

Depends on how you look at it, and how you treat other aspects of your grow. If you follow those who don’t feed their plants for 2-3 weeks before they harvest, stripping all the fans would likely not turn out as well. But there are several very good growers that strip pretty much all of them right around that point and do very well. Willing to bet they’re not going that long without nutes though.

1 Like

Thanks @Mr.Indica. @dbrn32 I did see one guy who strips everything just before he flips to flowering. Nothing left but twiggs when he gets through stripping. Whithin a week they are regrowing leaves & buds everywhere.

I’m not sure that’s best way to go either. Like I posted yesterday probably a few things he’s doing at very specific times.

It’s something you’ll get a feel for the more you do it. In my opinion it’s the easiest to just regularly take a few leaves once you start having some solid bud developement.

1 Like

I’ve been reading that both the “all at once” and “gradual” methods are acceptable although all at once results in shock and takes a day or two to resume growth whereas a gradual pruning (little here and little there) doesn’t result in shock. The plant keeps growing.

So in the end it’s also about time management.

2 Likes