Purple Haze Grow Journal

Try spraying the inside of the dome to get the humidity up. Also, do you have a pic?

1 Like

I will post pick this evening after work. Thanks so much for any help.

2 Likes

@raustin @garrigan62 @Covertgrower @Countryboyjvd1971 @Myfriendis410

Temp is 85*F RH 37%
LED lights about 27" away.
PH is about 5.5 - 6.0
This is our (PH) that we dropped in water on May 1st. She is struggling

Well to my surprise, I got home from work and our (WW) had two feeder leaves and two new sprouts. This is 11 hours after last seeing them this morning.

4 Likes

You might consider tightening up your ph to a more nominal value for soil. If you are having trouble, just use straight distilled until they have developed a tap root. If you are using strips or drops they are not accurate. A good digital meter with standard reference solution would solve your problem. Your soil looks awfully wet too. They should be getting a couple of teaspoons per day and a clear dome will bump the humidity into a more benign range.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

So many questions!!
Plant #2 (PH) Should we try to save it or just give it a nice funeral and put it out of our misery?

Peat pot has WW and one seed of two has sprouted. We put it in the tent with 18/6 light today and two more leaves sprouted. Does the other one have a chance or should it have stayed in the dark longer? Or, will it be ok in 18/6 lights?
Also, when do I beed to put the (WW) in some mix?

Any and all suggestions are welcomed! :sunglasses:

We have the PH drops up/down kit. I use to take care of a swimming pool for years and that’s all I’m use to using. We actually have a digital on order to see how close we are, or not. Thanks for the reply my friend!

1 Like

You might pick up some distilled but let them dry out a bit. The one that died in all likelihood succumbed due to ph.

@Myfriendis410 When do I need to put in some coco mix?

Looks like @Myfriendis410 has you covered. He’s offered solid advice.

1 Like

What medium do you wish to use? If it’s coco it’s best to not transplant until you are in veg. No nutes at all until the cotyledons yellow.

Get your ph in order and dry them out some: they’ll love you for it haha.

Hanks a million! I so appreciate the guidance here. I think I’m going to have to cool down my room. Temps are low 80s during the day. Got down to 79F last night.
We are using coco/perlite. Will they live in the peatpots that long?

How high are your lights at this stage? And how high do you think my lights should be at this stage? Peat pot seems to be doing great!
Can I just set the peat pot into my medium after the feeder leaves fall off?

@raustin @Covertgrower @garrigan62 @dbrn32 @SilentHippie Please see above and help… lol Please.

1 Like

Yes, you can put the peat pot into your medium, but I’ve heard of those pots not disintegrating the way they should, so I would try to cut them away from the plant and then plant her. I’m not sure about the lights, what lights do you have?

2 Likes

Based on looks, I would say you can lower light some. How high are they? I’m not familiar with that light, but maybe 18-20” give or take.

1 Like

@raustin @dbrn32 @garrigan62 @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @Momtomask @SilentHippie

5-17-18
Temp: 79 F / RH 38%

Reminder:
5-11-18 Dropped WW [(male or female) who knows?] seeds into “peat pellets” not pots, because we went through a learning curve. with our feminized Purple Haze.
5-15-17 WW

5-17-18 WW

We have had the plant sitting on the floor 44" from the lights but have decided to set them on a stool and drop the lights to 17" above the top of the plant. However, the feeder leaves looks like it starting to turn yellow.
Please, if you have an opinion, comment, or suggestion, we would love to hear it.

1 Like

I would put those peat pellets in some seed starter soil in a small pot. I am a big fan of transplanting up - though some people would say not to do that with an autoflower plant. I think I tagged you into my grow but here are a couple of pics of what I use for my seedlings.

1 Like

It’s time to get those girls into their bigger pots. Also, they look a little stretched, so lower the light a few inches.

1 Like

I’m not s fan of those peat pots, they seem very difficult to control moisture in. But have to agree with the others. Mainly because you can easily bury that stem some and get your lighting adjusted so it doesn’t do that anymore.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the reply! We were thinking because of the stretch, even though it’s only 6 days from dropping them in peat pellets, we might need to put them in some kind of container (up-size to a gal. or so)?

The picture above I had watered about 2 hours before which is why I think the stem is sagging or dropping.