Purple Haze Grow Journal

I’m using Promix HP this time around. I like coco but heard good things about Promix and decided to give it a try. I would say that the biggest difference is it doesn’t retain water as well as coco.

I do a hybrid grow: under lights but if I’m home and the sun is out they get a play day outside. Most days now. So everything I have goes out in the morning and comes in in the evening.

I’m retired so have too much time on my hands lol.

Thanks for the compliments! Didn’t mean to photo bomb your journal.

5 Likes

Hey myfriend, I didn’t even think anything about it. I personally love it when someone can demonstrate what an experience grow looks like!
I’m like @raustin, I like pictures!

As a new grower, I think it would be helpful if you can post pics of a similar grow as what I am doing at the same similar stage of grow that I am. (if that makes sense.) my personal “fear” about this is the unknown. Like what to expect in this next few weeks, what to expect when I start to flower… etc.

I think a plan is coming together with my plant. She has shot up in the past 4 days. Literally an inch a day, (and that is multiple limbs. So I’m going to let her go up about another 6-10 inches and then start scrogging her back down to even out the canopy till I fill it up. Sound like a plan?

2 Likes

I tagged you to my journal; look it over. There’s some good information in there.

3 Likes

I definitely will thanks.

Everybody SCROGGING it :joy::rofl::joy: do i need to be making a screen?

1 Like

Hey Purp, I have to or I won’t have as much. I bought my Scrooge net at HD in the garden section. I have a 32” x 32” x 63” tent. Some might do two or three plants and fill up their tent. I’m trying it with one plant and hopefully fill up my entire scrog before flowering.

Of course I am doing some extreme LST I think to get it done. I’m thinking I may have at least another three months before I harvest, maybe more. I think it’s a personal prefrence. But, from what I’ve seen, it can only help if you do scrog.

1 Like

Three more months?!?! Goodness she is gonna be huge when you flip. :joy::joy:

1 Like

haha :sunglasses: I sure hope so! :yum: someone with experience could have probably done it quicker. I ran into some problems that stunned its growth I think. I believe I have got it under control for now (keeping fingers crossed)!
She’s growing like a weed now… lol

2 Likes

@TDubWilly @raustin @Myfriendis410 @SilentHippie @Covertgrower @MattyBear @Momtomask @GetbackJoJo @dbrn32 @GreenThunder Just got Sledgehammer today and wanted some guidance on how to use it. Tonight is water w/nutes to runoff. Would you use it with nutes or would you wait to water with pHed water?

1 Like

I’ve not used sledgehammer but I’ve used Florakleen. I added it to plain water, no nutes, ph’d the water. I ran 1/3 of my flush with the florakleen, let it sit for 20 min or so and then flushed with plain ph’d water. I’m not sure if that’s how it’s done with the sledgehammer but it worked good for me. My buds ashed white.

2 Likes

Thanks Hippie, I have florakleen on the way just not sure when to use what or what to use when…lol. Thanks again!

1 Like

I used General Hydroponics nutrients with the florakleen and it only called for flushing once, before harvest. I’ve read thatthe fox farms line calls for multiple flushes. I don’t know if this changes anything for you.

2 Likes

Hey Hippie, it may not change anything but definitely great info. I think I’m just going to wait to use it till I get ready to flush during flower (maybe). Thanks.

1 Like

It’s been awhile, but I’m pretty sure the instructions on the back say just sledgehammer, and water? Mixed in a certain amount. @HappyHydroGrower

2 Likes

Happy anniversary @Covertgrower

1 Like

Happy anniversary @Covertgrower

1 Like

Thanks @Countryboyjvd1971 and @TDubWilly seems like just yesterday, and I love this place!

3 Likes

Happy Anniversary James!!! You’ve been a great contributor and friend and much appreciated around here. :v:

4 Likes

Shucks, thanks Matt! @MattyBear

2 Likes

Hear hear!

5 Likes