Purple Haze Grow Journal

@MattyBear @Myfriendis410 you guys are hitting coco grows with nutes more frequently than that aren’t you?

I believe I was told; nute, water/calmag, nute, water

Here are some pictures from tonight just before I watered. I I’m untied her to let her stretch a little before I watered. Think I’m going to leave her untied till tomorrow night.

7-24-18

3 Likes

I’m not really questioning the method as much as I am the frequency. For whatever reason, I feel like you need to be giving something daily.

2 Likes

Well I’m waiting till it dries out a little. I stick my finger in her… (hummm, that doesn’t sound quite right)… lol :joy: anyways about an inch down and I water when it feels dry. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Let’s see what the others think. I’ve never grown in coco, but have followed quite a few grows.

1 Like

Man you don’t know how much I appreciate your input and help! THANKS!

1 Like

It has been untied for about 2 hours and it’s amazing how much she has stood up in that two hours.

2 Likes

Besides that touch of yellow shes comin along nicely my friend. Nice and level up top. I love that :wink:
Also I seem to remember from earlier in your journal that we may live in the same neck of woods. Unless I’m confusing you with @skyroo1029 which I do all the time lol!

1 Like

I don’t grow in coco so I can’t help u there but u may want to keep her tied after u tie her Bc they develop knuckles which harden off quicker and u are running the risk of breaking off your branches.

3 Likes

Watering frequency (to me) depends on the size of the plant versus the size of the pot. We’ve all had small plants in big pots and that has to decrease the watering frequency. Coco supposedly doesn’t promote root rot but I try to cycle my watering based on the consumption. Currently I am watering/feeding every other day and automatically flush with Flora Kleen every two weeks in coco. Unless the plant tells me to change the schedule I have been feeding on every watering for this most recent grow.

800 to 900 ppm is just fine in veg. I push it up around 1,300 ppm in flower but never had a need to nuke the plants with high tds values. They are almost artificial looking, they’re so pretty.

4 Likes

Sorry for the late reply. Life has been crazy the past week. I never give plain water in coco, unless I’m flushing. It is a drain to waste media that doesn’t hold onto nutrients and should never be dried out all the way. That can throw ph way off. Coco is designed to hold around 30% oxygen, making it damn hard to overwater. Depending on your lights, size of plants, age, etc., I was feeding half strength and that sometimes wasn’t enough during veg and I was giving full strength in flower on a feed, “tea” or microbe feed, feed, “tea”, schedule with a scheduled flush every 10-14 days. Hope that helps a little :v:

4 Likes

Hey @anon95385719 thank you so much for your input. I tied her back down this morning and she is growing In spite of he problems. Thanks again! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think it’s awful funny how it just seems to be yellowing since we opened it up with some LST.
I do know that some of the beginner fan leaves that I tucked under have died off. Although, the way I have grown this plant has probably not helped the stress of it… lol

1 Like

There is no late reply on my journal.
Let me ask you! I am doing a:

1. Feed nutes to around 800-900 & then PH. (5 cups) Three days later…
  2. Water with calmag & PH to around 5.7 (5 cups). Three days later…
  3. Feed nutes to around 800-900 & then PH (5cups). Three days later…
  4. Water to runoff with PH water. One gal. & half. Seven days later… start with number (1.)
    For two weeks what’s going in & what’s coming out has been good.
    I am well into my third week of doing this.
    Does this sound good to you? Do you have a clue as to what I might do different?
2 Likes

Try a feed feed water cycle which will introduce nutes for a longer period of time. That will introduce more N. When you water you might not want to wait 3 days before a feeding. That way they aren’t growing in a nutrient free medium for half the time.

2 Likes

@raustin @Myfriendis410 @SilentHippie @Covertgrower @MattyBear @Momtomask @GetbackJoJo @mountainman1 @Redeyedranger @PurpNGold74

So, I believe I’m due for a flush with just some plain ph’ed water. My yellowing problem is not getting any better. My question is, I’m going to pour 15 gal of water through her, when is the best time to check the runoff? At the the beginning, middle, or end? Should I flush with nutes or just PH water or calsyum water?

You probably wont need anywhere close to 15 gallons I’m thinking 3 to 5 check beginning and every 2 gallons.
Just pHed water but ppm that too before you flush :v:
Whoops forgot about coco again I was thinking soil so maybe more water

1 Like

Check at the beginning for a baseline, then halfway through, then when you’re done.

Don’t just pour the water in. Water with a couple gallons, wait a few minutes, water more, wait, etc. Do this until you’re done. Should take about 30 mins or more.

You want to try to disturb the roots as little as possible. You also don’t want water holes/weird paths to form in your coco.

3 Likes

Good advice all around. I just flushed my one coco plant yesterday and used the garden hose to run 50 gallons or so through, followed by a PH’d feeding. My TDS at the end was just over the input (500 ppm). I have hard water. I only PH’d the last 2 gallons.

2 Likes