Purple Haze Grow Journal

Not auto but feminized. The clone was taken from a known female. I’ve not had any fem seeds end up being male. Although I’ve had males from bag seed. No fun (unless you’re breeding)

Coco is something that you have to think of as a hybrid between soil and hydroponics. We use a drain to waste schedule etc. That said it’s good to allow some time to air out between waterings when the plants are small compared to the pot they are in but once they fill the volume the watering frequency goes up.

You should always water to runoff with coco: about 10% is good. This will prevent excessive salt buildup. Also; the media should be flushed at every change in nutrients.

I would strongly suggest using a DTW schedule, at the least every other day and water to runoff.

Our plant is 8 weeks old and I haven’t done a flush yet. How much water should I expect to use to flush it? I’m assuming it needs to be ph water right?
I’m in a 5 gal soft pot.

Okay; actually my growing style is a bit different. At that point in the grow I’d be in a 1 or 2 gallon to manage moisture. Until your plant fills in that pot size you should maybe keep on doing what you’re doing. Think about flushing in another 3 or 4 weeks when you can actually fill the media to runoff. You are better off not doing that now; she’d never dry out.

That said; a lot of growers in coco water daily regardless of the moisture state of the coco. Technically that is true too because it’s a media and behaves similarly to hydro in that regard.

When you do flush, figure on about 3 times the pot size. You can also use a product like Sledgehammer or Flora Kleen and reduce the amount you need to use.

I appreciate the clarification on so many different things. I’ll just keep growin they way I’ve been doing like you said. So far it seems to be working, THANKS to every body here!! :sunglasses:

Yea pretty awesome people on here right?! Good luck and keep it green

@MattyBear @Myfriendis410 @raustin @Covertgrower @dbrn32 Hypothetically speaking, not that I want to do this, but, can I trick it into flowering to reveal its sex and then back to veg??

You can, but takes a lot of time. You’d probably be better off cutting a clone and trying to flower it.

I guess the only problem with that is I only have one place to grow. Hey I do appreciate your input! :sunglasses:

Just like @dbrn32 said: it just takes time.

Cut one properly and drop in a glass a ph’d water. Then put in window sill that’s not lit up all night or outside. Not a guarantee that will work, but it can.

@MattyBear @Myfriendis410 @raustin @dbrn32 @SilentHippie @Covertgrower Is there anything I can do to speed up the growth of this plant? (Leave it alone)? Would filming or topping help it get to flowering stage any quicker? I’m beginning to think if I want to train it to go around the pot, it may be a waste of time and unrealistic. Where I topped it, it has barely grown any. Did I top it too late? (maybe?) When can I flip to flower?

I would treat it like any other plant and do whatever training you want to do. It will in theory slow it down some but if the plant turns out female you want something to work with. Just keep watching for sexual differentiation which should show up when she tells you she’s ready to get laid lol.

When you top or FIM you slow the plants growing ability because it’s recovering. She’ll start to grow again.

@spyonyou going off of what Myfriendis410 stated,
You can top or fim at any time. You can LST at anytime. LST doesn’t really slow anything down.
The best you can do is not cut anymore to keep her at a steady pace.

When using paper towel method. Put the towel in a Ziploc bag and one almost half way. Other you have to check daily to see if it needs h20 and as soon as the towel dries . Seeds are no longer viable

haha myfriend! If I treated it like any other plant, it would be dead by now… lol :sunglasses:
@Myfriendis410 Thanks!
@raustin Thanks!
@Covertgrower, I may post some pictures this weekend and see if y’all think I need to trim, film, or top anywhere. Thanks for your input.

@raustin @Myfriendis410 @SilentHippie @Covertgrower @MattyBear @Momtomask @GetbackJoJo @mountainman1 @Redeyedranger @PurpNGold74
Just a quick pic.
Watered 5 cups of water.
PPM in: 848
PH in: 5.6
Temp: 81* F
RH: 48%

7-7-18
I pinched the tallest branch (about three nodes down,) to slow the growth and it worked. The front of it is catching up to the tallest part.

7-13-18

Your pH is low for soil did you get any runoff?

I’m growing in Coco so PH is 5.5 - 5.8