Purple Haze Grow Journal

I agree with them; too soon to tell.

1 Like

Yep, too soon to tell. Post another pic in a week.

1 Like

@MattyBear @raustin @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower

:rage: enough said!! lol

Thanks again for your help, input, and your expertise!

4 Likes

6-30-18
@raustin @Myfriendis410 @SilentHippie @Covertgrower @MattyBear @Momtomask @GetbackJoJo @mountainman1
Well, its been 5 days since I watered last and I believe she is about ready for a drink.
We were able to get air condition installed and by doing so the temp has dropped to 81*F and the RH has risen to 41%. I was gone for three day and she really is starting to come out of her shell. She has grown over the edge of the pot.

Here are two pictures one week apart.
6-23-18

6-30-18

4 Likes

Her third & forth set of (5 leaves) are nute-burned. Would it be okay to cut the two sets of leaves off so the undergrowth can get some light?

2 Likes

Wouldn’t hurt, but she probably will overgrow herself, and allow the bottom to get to light. Healthy pruning is okay, but remember you’re removing solar panels that power it’s growth. @HappyHydroGrower I prefer to tuck the leaves.

2 Likes

They aren’t hurting anything. They are making sugar right now. If it were my plant I’d let them yellow before removing.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 well I did manage to tuck them a little I think without breaking any limbs.
I also watered with PPM raised to about 500 and PH’ed to 5.9 I think I’m going to have her in Veg. stage for quite a while.
She is 7 weeks old from seedling yesterday. My goal is to take her around the outside of the pot one complete wrap and then scrog before start flowering. Hopefully she will have more bud sites by then.

Anybody care to weigh in on this idea? please do.

2 Likes

I use the SCROG in conjunction with supercropping. Top and fim as much as you can to develop the tops while waiting for the plant to get big enough to load into the screen. Then it’s tuck and tie, tie and tuck until you have the canopy you want.

I’m doing one right now and am guessing I have two more weeks to fill the screen before I flip.

2 Likes

@raustin @Myfriendis410 @SilentHippie @Covertgrower @MattyBear @Momtomask @GetbackJoJo @mountainman1
What make my leaves curl up?

1 Like

Heat is usually the culprit; either too much or too little. Normal.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. How long of a heat problem does it take to look like that? Heat has been a little high up (85-89) until this past Thursday. Now its probably been averaging around 78-82. Last night it got down to about 74. RH was at 51%.
If it was because of high heat, will they flatten out not that the temps are better?

1 Like

They should. Your temps aren’t bad though. I don’t start to worry until I’m up over 85 or so.

1 Like

I’m really starting to believe she is not a she, but a he. :rage: None of the sacks have any pistils coming out of them, yet. Patiently waiting and will post some pictures next weekend. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

My lights are17” away from the top of the plant. Factory settings of this light say 18”. Could this cause the leaves to curl up?

Could be temp, wind, potassium or magnesium being locked out or underfed. Just a few reasons…

Ok so you know I have my plant growing sideways. Is it ok to top at about the 10th node on the main stem?

If you want to, you can. @HappyHydroGrower

Ok, so my first time topping.
7-3-18
Flushed w/PH water of 6.1
I let the coco soak for about 15 min. W/ a half gal. of water.
Then I poured a gal. & a half to flush and got a runoff of PPM OF 987
PH coming out is 5.5

A side shot to show how “it” is growing up sideways.
I say “it” because I’m still not sure she is a she…

Please share your input.

4 Likes

Looks like you got it! :+1:

1 Like