Purple Haze Grow Journal

Technique is important in getting to saturation in coco. Add a bit until the media is entirely damp before loading it with liquid.

When the root mass has matched the pot volume you will be watering daily. Before then to reduce chances of damping off, you may not want to water with that frequency. But I think the benefits of watering to runoff outweigh concerns about root rot especially if you allow to dry out. It also benefits the roots in that they will “hunt” for moisture in your media.

4 Likes

Sorry to be late, I didn’t see the tag! I will be here from now on. Set to watching :v:

1 Like

Thanks for watching and helping!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

@raustin @Myfriendis410 @SilentHippie @Covertgrower @MattyBear @Momtomask @GetbackJoJo @mountainman1
Ok I did a runoff with two gal. of water with 2tsp. of CalMag and PH going in was 5.7 and my
PH coming out was 5.2
PPM coming out was 250
How’s that sound?

3 Likes

Feed with ph of 6.0 next few times to bring runoff closer to 5.8. I’d have ppm higher too, more like 500-ish :v:

4 Likes

BTW I used about 1 gal before it started running out.

1 Like

Excellent, though I think your Ph might be a tad low, you can fix that on the next watering or feeding.

Your PPM could be a little higher too.

2 Likes

Sorry for an ignorant question but how do I get the ppm up?

1 Like

Remind me, what nutes you are feeding?

1 Like

You need to add more nutes. In fact, I think you should go full strength on the next feeding.

2 Likes

General hydroponics.

Ok, in coco, you are to the point where you’ll be feeding every couple days. Since coco is an inert media, you never want to give just water unless you’re flushing. I’d run a feed, cal/mag, feed, water, schedule through veg going in at starting at half strength each feed so that she’s getting a “full dose” once a week. If she’s still showing deficiency, go full strength using the same schedule. The “water” day is your “flush” day and is meant to help rinse the salts out of your medium. Once in flower, she will want a pk boost a few times and will be needed to be watered/fed every 1-2 days.

3 Likes

Are you saying:
feed w/nutes & calmag
feed w/nutes & calmag
water w/calmag
Calmag is the question here? Thanks.

1 Like

No… feed nutes, water with cal/mag, nutes, water only or add Silica, teas or microbes if you have any of that

4 Likes

Thanks man.

2 Likes

@raustin @Myfriendis410 @SilentHippie @Covertgrower @MattyBear @Momtomask @GetbackJoJo @mountainman1

Is it too early?? Close??

2 Likes

Male or Female?

Too early to tell. Patience… lol

4 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower to early, but it’s close.

2 Likes