Purple Haze Grow Journal

I’d have to agree. Try one this grow and the other next round. Since you’ve already started LST, I’d continue with that this round :v:

7 Likes

hahaha!! Well as we all know, you can’t keep a good lady down. Yup she streightened back up last night. Got to get me some chains. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes, that happens. You have to be a little rough with them sometimes, just pull her back down.

2 Likes

@raustin @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @Momtomask @Countryboyjvd1971 @anon95385719 @MattyBear @merlin44 @Hogmaster @mountainman1
Kind of have a new problem. Can anybody tell me whats going on here.
I’m 6 weeks from droping in water.
I just started the second week of the hydroponic “General Hydro nutes schedule” tonight.
(https://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/growweedeasy.com/files/drain-to-waste-flora-series-schedule.pdf)
Coco/Per-lite - medium
Temps @ 78F
RH @ 39%
PH 5.6

Thanks for your help. Lights were at 13". I have moved them to 17"

1 Like

She looks dry. I think she could use more water.

4 Likes

I wondered. I fed her 2 cups Thur. night. I have been feeding her 2 cups every 3 days for the past 2 weeks, but I noticed tonight she was very dry so I fed her tonight. Any suggestions as to how you would feed her at 6 weeks from dropping her in water. About two weeks in veg?

1 Like

She needs water, not nutes. She’s growing, and as she grows she’s going to need more water. Eventually she’ll drink a gallon every two days. She’s almost ready to water too runoff and that’s a lot of water. Also, coco needs a lot of water, more than soil.

As for feeding, you just fed her a full strength, so she’s good for a few days. I would feed her twice a week, so water, water, feed.

5 Likes

Hey Raustin, can you be a little more specific. I know this may be a lot to ask, but, do I feed nutes and then water the next time? Alternate water and nutes? How much water are we talking about? 2 cups, 4 cups, 1/2 gal.? etc… ?? Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

@HappyHydroGrower I would say pretty close to that time. If you water until you get water out of the bottom, you know that the soil is thoroughly wet. Then you let her dry out.
Nutrients, you just feed then water, just like @raustin stated. She wouldn’t steer you wrong. I’m not certain of your nutrient schedule, but recommend at least 1/4 strength, and increase it as long as she responds well. If you’re giving more than 1/4 currently, I would give her a bit more, as coco has no nutrients in it.

4 Likes

Thanks @raustin!
Thanks @Covertgrower!

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

You probably should water to runoff at least every other watering. A flush is in order too with coco. And be sure to use a dose of cal mag as coco leaches that out.

You caught it early; good catch! She doesn’t look bad but lets keep her that way…

4 Likes

Sorry to be late to the tag - I forgot you were in coco and had a lurch when I read ph was 5.6 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I think you got good answers! Don’t get to hung up on which way to LST - I like topping myself along with ttraining with ties and clips. Have fun!

5 Likes

Let me make sure I understand. I feed every third time that I water and every OTHER watering, I water to runoff.

Spyonyou will be out of town and I (his better half) need to make sure I don’t do irreparable harm to Mona while he’s away…

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 ^^^

2 Likes

There’s all kinds of feeding schedules. If your plant likes it that’s great! Just make sure that you feed or water to runoff periodically. If it takes several days between waterings, then once every couple of weeks would do.

I run around 800 or 900 ppm in media during veg and liked a feed feed water cycle myself. Cal Mag during the watering.

2 Likes

A lot of great advice, but if you still don’t understand, then just tag me. I know how confusing it can all sound.

You have it right, alternate water and nutes, but add some Cal-Mag to the water once a week. Like @Covertgrower said, try watering to runoff and then let her dry out between waterings, or feedings. Because you’re in coco, there are no nutes in you’re medium, so I would add nutes at 1/2 strength twice a week, and see how she does. If you don’t see any nute burn then go to full strength twice a week. Keep track of the PPMs and ph of the runoff.

3 Likes

@raustin can you tell me about how much water I’ll use to get a runoff?
I am using a 5gal. soft pot.
Correct me if I’m wrong, I think I’ll want about 10 to 20% runoff?? And then check ppm and PH?
Thanks again!

2 Likes

Confusing is just the beginning! :smile:
Like so many others thanking you, we too are so greatfull for everybodies help!

3 Likes

Uh, no, I can’t. Lol. Just keep slowly adding water till it starts coming out the bottom. You’ll probably need a half gallon, or more.

2 Likes

Ok understood. Thanks!

2 Likes