Purple Haze Grow Journal

It’s even got a raised lip that elevates the plant off the bottom.
When you do a flush, how do you get the runoff out?

If you flush it properly, you’ll have plenty of run off out of the bottom and sides. @HappyHydroGrower it should be twice the volume of water for the volume of soil.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@raustin @Myfriendis410 @SilentHippie @Covertgrower @MattyBear
I have nutes and PH smack dab in the range of 5.7
Temps: 86F RH: 39%
I have trimmed lower leaves that have showed sign of firing leaves… 1, 2, 3, leaves. I am working on my 6th. set of 5 leaves turning up. Is it ok that I do this lst at this stage??

Where should I top in about a week?
Am I messing it up doing what I’ve done?

1 Like

*Should have been “showing sign of dying leaves…” above.

I think you’re doing good. @HappyHydroGrower

2 Likes

She looks great! You can LST now and in a week when you decide to top, take a pic and I’ll show you were to cut her :wink::v:

3 Likes

Hi @HappyHydroGrower , do you have any air flow happening , your temps seem a little high.? If you can get temps down to mid to high 70s your plant will love it.

1 Like

Thanks @Covertgrower! Thanks @MattyBear I will keep you posted. She’s a strong little bugger. She practically stood back up last night. I gues I’m gona have to chain her down. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

6-15-18 Hey @mountainman1 welcome to the party. This is my first grow. She is 5 weeks from dropping her in water today. Her 6 set of 5 leaves are spreading out as we speak. Yes I have everything, two fans, exhaust, etc… My problem is, we don’t have AC in that part of the house but we are working on getting it installed. Hopefully soon! Please always feel free to comment. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

A window unit at Walmart is only $116 (5000 btu) if u have a window?
That’s what I use. Gets it down to 68 and I live in the south :smile:

1 Like

@Redeyedranger I feel your pain! I,m there with you! We’re working on getting Air installed. Thanks for the reply.

Super clever LST device :blush:

@Momtomask I’m hoping to be able to teacher who her daddy is… lol and run her around the fabric pot and then to the outer cut-off-garbage can edge and then start spreading her out some with a net screen. Ok, so I may not be quite that patient. :sunglasses:

Thanks for posting! Hope all is going well!

4 Likes

Just curious, what does the lack of nutes look like?

Pale or discoloured leaves, an overall lack of vigour,slow stunted growth. It can take many forms.

1 Like

@raustin @Myfriendis410 @SilentHippie @Covertgrower @MattyBear @Momtomask @GetbackJoJo @mountainman1

I would love to hear your thoughts on topping and training. Is it time to top and where should I top or should I continue to train her around the edge of the pot? What about all of the sprouts at the bottom nodes? Thanks for your input!

2 Likes

You can train however you like… if you’re sticking with LST, the more you keep tying her down, the taller the side shoots will get to try to catch the top. Just keep pulling her sideways as she straightens up :v:

5 Likes

Keep going, you’re doing great. Keep tyeing her down around the pot and those side shoots will grow and catchup to the main stems, so just leave them for now. You can top all the tops of you like.

2 Likes

Keep up with the lst and the plant will fill out all by itself. If you lst and top the plant it will become very crowded and dense and you might have to do some light pruning to open up the lower parts of the plant to allow light to penetrate through the canopy. I tend to tie and keep tying.