Purple Cotelydons

Hey guys, first time grow here. I have a 24x24x48 grow tent with 300w LED. I bought a 20 pack of feminized White Widow seeds. I started two seeds in water and let them soak 24hrs last Saturday. I then placed them in peat pots. Today they sprouted through the FFOF. My question is- is it normal for them to initially be purple? From what I can gather from other message boards…this seems normal at first possibly due to genetics, getting adjusted to environment etc. can you guys confirm? I’m at the stage where I’m worrying too much I guess but wanted to make sure I’m not anything up already.

Soil is FFOF
PH is around ~7
Humidity is 70-75%
Temps around 72-73

I’ve also been keeping the soil moist with a spray bottle and even mixed in half of teaspoon of Mikrobs root stimulant and they seem to have taken off quite well. Took the propagation lid off after they started showing and they grew probably a half inch to inch just in 12-16 hours!

I’m new ,but I was told FFOF was too hot for seedlings .Happy Frog was the soil you needed

Ive read that as well.

They germinated and sprouted so I doubt it’s the soil? Plus it’s White Widow which is known to be very resilient and adaptable to many environments. Obv could be wrong though…

FFOF works for seedlings. Some nutrient sensitive strains may not like it to start. Happy Frog is alot more starter friendly but Ocean Forest works as well.

Do you have pictures perhaps? @jdh06

2 Likes

Here they are this AM. I’m an idiot and the purple tint was coming from the lights lmao. They are loooking good! Separate question but do you think they are stretching? They seem a bit skinny to me but I don’t understand why because the lights are 2-3” away? Do they look ok? These legit sprouted yesterday so they’re 2 days old.

1 Like

Sorry to jump in lol but I would wait a week or two to actually see if they’re stretching a lot but from my experience I’ve waited til about almost week 3 that’s where I’m at right now with these Cherry Haze autos

All the same age and strain must just be a little runt like the biggest plant I have was lol

2 Likes

You are just fine. New parents overworry :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hell yeah! Haha this is actually my second first grow. I tried using some Animal Cookies seed from some bud I got. Started off in too big a pot and it ended up dying. These peat pots seem to be doing much better!

Yeah I kind of figured I was overthinking it but wanted to be sure. They have really taken off though I’m going to wait a few weeks and let the roots flourish more and then transplant to a 5 gal smart pot.

1 Like

Are you using any kind of root booster? I’m using Root Exceleration with my grow tho it’s a little pricey it’s definitely worth it along with a little beneficial bacteria they pop right along. Sorry for the delay I’m pretty stoned can’t even keep both eyes open gotta use 1 lmfao

1 Like

Now that’s high. :joy::joy::joy:
Enjoy. :+1::v:

1 Like

Lmao yea man kinda wearing off now that I ate some munchies lol but damn I was kinda scared there for a loment​:joy::rofl:

1 Like

Yup! I bought Mikrobs brand root booster off Amazon. They seem to really like!

1 Like

They also sell a beneficial bacteria called recharge it’s AMAZING you can use it with every watering and the plants absolutely love it :+1: And one day I forgot to give them some and they totally let me know it that’s for damn sure lol they were angry with me for about 2-3 days :joy::rofl: