Purple color on beginning of new growth

My new growth from the new branching is purple. I had the same issue outdoors and I ended up with root rot. This is indoor under a 480w led about 65%.

1 Like

Welcome to the community ! Post A picture would be of help.

1 Like

Purple stems is common. That has no bearing on Bud Rot.

Welcome to the community.

3 Likes

It just seems to be on the new growth on the leaves from branching. I’ve had issues with fungus gnats and had to use T-Drops to kill the little bastards. Today was the 3rd treatment but the signs of purple on the new growth has been a few days coming. Thanks for the reply MrPeat

1 Like

I suck at posting pics @kellydans

@rp1 Just go to the lower right corner in the reply box and tap this one. :+1:

That will give you a menu. And go from there.
Just wait for the pics to fully load ( 100% ) before you hit reply.
And welcome to the community. :wave::wave:
:v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

@rp1 Follow what @Oldguy said in his post. You can’t do a bunch of pictures at once. Edit and add a couple more. Rinse and repeat till done.

2 Likes

Can you see this pic with the purple in the new growth?

3 Likes

Growing God Bud, sweet God, shiatzu cush and hindu cush. All plants have this new colors

1 Like

Wife thinks it’s been too cold in the grow and possibly too wet. What say the Brain Trust here?

1 Like

I’d go with too wet.
See how your leaves look kinda plump and puffy along the veins.
They’re a bit droopy too.

Give me a sec and I’ll find a support ticket for you.
:call_me_hand:

:v:

2 Likes

I’m growing a strain called red poison…. The stalk and branches are blood red, under the leaves are blood red, the buds are reddish purple. It’s wild to look at. If you are fighting fungus gnats and had root rot last attempt…could be you have an overwatering issue.

2 Likes

@Docnraq, I should have been more clear. My last indoor grow last winter I had issues with fungus gnats.
My root rot was this year’s outdoor grow. We had so much rain, my soil got silted in and root rot killed 9 of my girls. BAD.

1 Like

@Oldguy, I am not in your league with this info but here we go.

Strain: God Bud, sweet God, Hindu Kush and Shiatzu Kush
Method: Soil with amendments and some salt (Grow Big)
Vessel: Plastic 1 gal. pots for now. Going to 5 gal. near futurde
PH and TDS: I have no clue
PPM/TDS, EC: Again, no clue
Indoor 4x8
Lights: 2- 480w FC E4800 Mars Hydro Full Spectrum
480 w x 2 = 960 w but they are on about 65% now
18 on/ 6 off
Temps Approx 80 deg lights on and 70 deg lights off
Humidity, no clue really. More after a good watering
Ventilation: Small fan blowing fresh air from basement and 2 oscillating fans
No AC, No Dehumid, No Humid
No Co2

1 Like

The red/ purple is only on the new growth and seems less pronounced now. I pulled the plants out of their pots for 24 hours to dry out the root mass then put them back in their pots the next day. I will shoot some more pics when the lights come on this afternoon for you folks to see more. I will also shoot an overview of the whole canopy.

1 Like

@rp1 I see you don’t have them listed but
Ph and Tds meters. Very necessary if using salt based nutes.
Apera and Blue lab are 2 of the most popular ones folks use.
I’ve seen where the cheaper meters won’t hold the calibration very long. Need to be calibrated on a regular basis.
You can get away with a less expensive tds meter but I wouldn’t cheap out on the ph meter.
Btw. I use blue lab meters for the last 3 years and 0 issues.

:v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

My son and I were checking them out this morning and he also noticed purple veins running up the stems. I will post a few pics when the lights come on.
Thanks for the reply @Oldguy.

1 Like

Pics to follow

1 Like

1 Like