Purple Afghan, Durban Poison

10 Likes

Looks good!

1 Like

Details man, details!

@LandShark yeah sorry started the journal while i was at work. So to start off they are some clones i was given when visiting a buddy in Colorado. I’ve had then for about two week i put them in fox farm ocean forest they got a little nutrient burn. Havent feed them any nutrients just going off whats in the soil. I started doing some lst to them i need to clean up the under side got alot of small growth. My lighting right now is trash some cfl 100watts one per plant ive been searching for a diy led board but no luck yet

1 Like

@dbrn32 hey ive seen alot of people ask you about lights. I was intrested on build a cob light for my 3x3x6 tent. I’m on digikey website but alil lost on what to look for so help would be appreciated

1 Like

What Brand of COB were you trying trying to find?
What color spectrum?
@Jon051410

1 Like

That is where i need help right now i have a burple light but i dnt wanna use kind of wanna have one light thru out entire grow an not have to add

2 Likes

@Covertgrower

1 Like

These are very good, if you want simple and affordable.

1 Like

Vero 29 or a Cree COB are both great options. @Jon051410

1 Like

No problem! Are you looking for seed to flower? And what’s your budget?

You could do 4 vero 29 on hlg-320 driver. The vero 29 is available in 3 different voltage formats, b,c, and d. So like 36v, 50v, and 70v. If I were looking I’d see what had best price in something like the b or c in maybe 3500k 90cri. Once we know exact cob module you’re looking at we can find driver number. You’ll also want to note whether it’s se model or not. The se has poke in connectors, non-se models you would need the harness for as well. When I start shopping I typically pull up the data sheets for cobs I’m looking at, then copy and paste part numbers into search bar.

Before you start buying anything though, you should look around more. See what prices you find compare to. Cobkits may be a good place to check too. The luminous cxm-22 is a great cob for $20. Make sure you can get fair price on compatible pin sinks and everything needed to get it together.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 yeah something from seed to flower an i am gunna start looking around

CXM-3-35-90-36-AC40-F5-3 Luminus Devices | Mouser

Are these the right ones?

Negative, that’s a cxm-3. I had to remove link also, not approved vendor to link. You want something like these

1 Like

Competitive price, makes me want to buy a few of those…

1 Like

Ok sorry about the link and i was jst about to ask about that website i just found it

1 Like

@dbrn32 say i go with those what driver should i use an what would be a good heatsink an should i do a line or square when mounting them

@dbrn32 @Covertgrower do u think a hlg 240 12a is that a good driver or it not powerful enough

That’s a 12v constant voltage driver, won’t run cxm-22.

You’ll want something like large pin heatsink for the cobs. If you order from cobkits he has 133mm I think. I believe rapid led has 140mm that is pre drilled and tapped for cxm-22 too.

Ok i was searching around and found on offer up thought i found a steal lol