Purple #1 Follow Along *Update Wkly*

Hey growers thanks for following me along with the new purple batch I have started. I germinated three different strains Purple Kush, Granddaddy Purple and Purple Haze. Each of them popped just fine within 48 hours. I put them in a wet paper towel and placed inside a zip lock bag. I started on 4/21.

Germination: April 21 Day 1

May 4th Day 14

May 6th Day 16

May 15th Day 25

The purple kush is moving a little slower than the GDP and PH although still coming along nicely. This will we an awesome adventure ahead as I have a lot planned for these three strains. I will be planning a perpetual grow for these girls. So a lot of projects to happen during this season from cloning to vegging and flowering. Hope to see you all follow me through this awesome grow.

7 Likes

Awsome set to watching

I’m watching also. I just finished growing a Purple Haze and a couple clones.

A few things I experienced:

Buds medium to small.
Yield was average to low.
Smoke is amazing!
My pheno turned so purple that she looked like chocolate.
They also finished a lot faster than I expected.

Looking forward to comparing your results. Good luck! :v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ve got an update coming later today. Time to start to super crop these girls along with some low stress training. The purple haze and granddaddy purple are really starting to take off now. The Purple Kush is not too far behind, to be honest that’s the strain I am really interested in watching. Granddaddy and Haze are just a plus. Keep an eye out for an update in a bit with photos. See you around growers!

1 Like

Alright boys and girls it’s update time!
Today is Day 24 of my Purple #1 Grow. Everything is moving along nicely and the girls are looking gorgeous. Today my goal was to do a bit of super cropping? / training to them to increase some lower growth. I went ahead and topped the Granddaddy Purple and the Purple Haze about four days ago, I did leave the Purple Kush only because it’s growing a little slower and had some mutated growth at start but has bounced back looks great now. I bent each plant over a bit to open it up that’s what you will see in each photo, the girls standing regular and then cropped a bit. Check out a shot of each girl.

Purple Kush Day 24

Granddaddy Purple Day 24

Purple Haze Day 24

Excited to see how each one of these girls will come out. Now it’s time to mix some nutrients for week 4 of this grow. I’m sure you want to know what nutrients I am using. I grabbed The Dirty Dozen from Fox Farm Nutrients for my girls and they are loving it all. I am just finishing out a Jack Herer grow that’s at Day 134 with less than a week left and boy does she look beautiful.
Thanks for checking out this update growers!

3 Likes

Welcome back growers. Today’s update comes with just a few photos of the Purple Kush, GDP and Purple Haze. It is day 65 for these mother plants and a lot has happened since my last update. The PK is growing like a little bush, she is so cute :slight_smile:. The GDP is a nice looking plant at this point along with the PH no issues at all. The PK did not like the amount of nutrients that I had fed her when starting out and she developed nutrient burn. I have adjusted my feed since then and she has solid growth now. About four to five days ago I was able to determine that each of my girls are starting to show their sex. I did purchase fem seeds so I didn’t think I would have males, nice to be certain.

I am going to start my cloning of these girls on July 14th, or maybe earlier by a week. I am waiting for the PK to have some more growth before I take some clones from her. The GDP and PH are ready today to take clones but I would like to wait just so all plans can align correctly.

Below of some photos of the girls

Purple Kush Day 65

Granddaddy Purple Day 65

Purple Haze Day 65

Purple Pack

I will be back with an update as soon as I develop some more progress, I have been side tracked with my job so I have not been able to make the regular weekly post that I was planing on doing. No worries though, stayed tuned in because there will be more updates to come to show how this grow turns out.
Watching a plant flower is my favorite part of the grow so there will be a lot of photos of these girls once I take clones and then flower them. I expect to start flowering my clones by August 25th and have them done by roughly December 1st

Thanks for checking out this update and the Purple #1 grow with iGrowBud! See you growers on the next update.

2 Likes

@iGrowBud. I am tuned to watching and will be riding along, if you don’t mind. Looking good so far :+1::+1::+1::+1:

The long anticipated arrival has begun! No effing way is iGrowBud back? That’s right ladies and gents I got way too stoned growing my stash that I totally forgot about you guys… wait no I didn’t I lie. Let’s catch up a bit.
Honestly so much time has passed and so many events have happened I can’t remember the order of them to explain in detail how this grow finished out, I will try my best to show with a bunch of pictures what transpired. The grow came out great in my opinion but take that with a grain of CAL-MAG I am in no way saying I did anyting correct. Enjoy the budz.

We can sorta catch up where we left off. I was about to do some cloning so here’s how that went. I took a bunch of cuts from each plant and I think I only lost like 3 that just didn’t want to grow after even showing some roots

After completing some cloning I arranged them into my new room. No longer using a tent anymore it was too small for this project.

I filled my cloth pots ready for the clones to soon move to their new home. They made their journey shortly after.

I let them grow for a month, maybe it was two this is where it becomes hard to remember the chain of events that happen. So lets just go to flower time, skip the veg of the clones, we all know how that goes by now.

Couldn’t tell you which strain this is but I will be able to identify them later on as they mature more.
Oh shit I forgot, Fun Fact: Scored a seed of Sour Banana Sherbet from the local dispensary inside an 8th a friend bought. He tossed it to me and it was a female. This is her starting to flower

this is the purple haze

This was just a few weeks into flower the harsh yellow is just from the lights and my camera, the leafs are not yellow. Let’s move forward to maybe about 4 to 5 weeks of flower.
This is the purple haze now

And then move forward to the end of flower I can’t remember the weeks, sorry.
Haze

Purple Kush

Haze

GDP

sour banana sherbert

PK

GDP

!
sour ban

GDP came out so dank

Purple Haze

Harvest

All in all after smoking a bunch as I was growing and pinches from my stash I harvested about 1.25 lbs of dried herb. I started cutting and drying through out October to November 1st, by the 1st I had everything cut down. I let it all cure through November going back to my stash a few times just to get a buzz. By December first it was ready to enjoy and I have been smoking it since then. I have a few ounces left and have big plans for the next grow already! If you are interested follow me on IG you will get a lot of updates there in real time. I mean come one forums bro? follow me on IG: @igrowsticky.

I have upgraded my set up to using Electric Sky ES300V2’s I use two of them and some various other blurple lights along with a T-1.

Lets talk about the smoke now.

Purple Kush: Came out not to my liking personally, it has some spicy and earthy tones to it but it doesn’t have the kick I’m looking for when getting stoned. Harvest was great though and got some nice hard buds, still will compete with any herb your friend is currently smoking.

Granddaddy Purple: Fire, legit, this came out on top of all 4 strains I grew. The buds were so skunky and sticky, this would have been great for a rosin press. This shit got me lit every time and the flavours were great also.

Purple Haze: fluffy light airy buds that packed a lemon citrus smell so intense it’ll mimic Vic’s Vapor rub to your nostril. This smoke is great for rolling phat blunts and just chiefing away. Super skunky smell. My neighbors smells this for sure.

Sour Banana Sherbert: Awesome, I will miss this flavor, it came out so dank. it had the smell of blue berries and even taste like it smells. This was a fan favorite amungst my friends and others that got to try it.

I feel this grow was very successful for me for my second grow ever.
If you want to follow me on more adventures just follow my IG @igrowsticky I update daily.
I have about 17 different strains going right now so if that sounds fun to you head over to IG and see what you may like.

Holy jeezes smokes. That was a bit of pics and text, well I hope that summed that grow up I know it wasn’t presented in the best fashion but none the less I hope it tickled you some where.
Remember growers and stoners alike, always be friendly and enjoy life!
Enjoy the rest of your day and if you read all of this you are beautiful.

-iGrowBud

2 Likes