Purified Water Ph

@imSICKkid here is another. Like I mentioned, all these newer lights are new to me

edit: removed un-approved link

The different versions are basically improvements in efficacy. V2 gives more light for the same draw as v1. V3 would give more light for the same draw as v2. The r spec adds some far reds to the spectrum. Great lights imho.

The agro led is 6500k. It’s an overpriced veg light. You could do better for $300.

1 Like

@Drinkslinger @imSICKkid
So will the QB288v3 cover a 4x4 area well? Is the 288 the watts?

@Drinkslinger well that ones outta question then, ty

That eBay light is advertised as 240w. It’d be good for about 1/2 a 4’x4’ IF it was actually an hlg light. It may be an alibaba/knockoff. I’m not saying it’s bad but I’d rather get my lighting from a reliable source. Check out horticulturelightinggroup . com. @dbrn32

@Drinkslinger I will check them out later today. Have busy day ahead.
So how many watts am I needing for a 4x4 area?
Thank you guys for this information
I will be back soon

For blurple amazon panels figure on 50w/sq foot.
For high end qb’s or light strips look at about 30-35w/sq ft

There are also hps, cmh, or flouros.

@Mercury50 go look at horticulture lighting group webpage and do some reading in their QB guide

1 Like

Two of the 260xl kits would be good in 4x4. Lots of other options too, but none a lot cheaper that are as good.

1 Like

@imSICKkid @dbrn32 oh yea, gotta have one of these.
Assembly looks very easy also.
But why would I need two of the 260xl kits? One kit has two boards right. Coverage rated for 4x4 area. As I said I’m new to these lights and I’m looking to learn more. Less power usage more light. Less heat better grow environment.

3 Likes

1 of the kits I listed is good for a 2x4. For 4x4 you would want two kits.

1 Like

The other dimension is if using your 4 X 4 for the whole grow: you only need ONE light in veg so you are not energizing the whole shebang (which of course you end up paying for). Once in flower you can power up the other one. Plus you can run dimmed, down close, up high, turned up, etc. Lots of adjustment.

1 Like

Why were those I posted deleted

1 Like

Amazon is the only authorized shopping link allowed currently. You are welcome to put up one like this:

Any informational site is more than welcome. Don’t sweat it; we’ve all been there.

@dbrn32 @imSICKkid can’t a third board be added to the 260xl kit being the heatsink is a triple? Will the driver run 3 boards?

1 Like

You would need to upgrade the driver if you want to add another board.

1 Like

I was thinking it would need a upgrade. I’m reading up on these boards as much as possible.

2 Likes

Yup, the driver included with the 260 kit won’t run 3 boards in series. They make a 320 kit that is same heatsink, 3 boards, and appropriate driver.

@dbrn32 @Drinkslinger @imSICKkid @Myfriendis410 @Tinman

Guys i know this thread got way off the subject of Purified Water Ph, but anyways i have a couple questions… this thing called a scrog. I think its for bending/training and spreading the branches out so more light gets in. What is the process of scrogging? Specific size holes in the netting needed? What does flipping mean?

2 Likes