Pure Power Plant First Grow

:joy: I am one paranoid creature! So while sitting in my meeting, making notes and off course focusing…a thought has grown in my head: EXIF data! So I stripped my posts of pictures only to think afterwards that the forum was created most likely by people knowing what they are doing and it strips geo automatically :grimacing:

Off course if I was thinking I would do it myself…ehhh Welcome to Paranoid Grow Journal folks😎

3 Likes

It’s morning here in paranoia land and I am dying with headache. Whatever it was I smoked yesterday has put me into coma😐 Bud bad it was I tell ya.

Until little ppp is ready I am unfortunately destine to get random smoke from a random dude😕 That one day is nice and chill enough and another time…ahh well, not pretty.

Checked on little lady and she grew a cm up and stretch😃 I am spritzing the whole top of soil generously as it dries quickly but the deeper parts feel coldish and tiny bit moist…tiny bit though and I can’t dig to deep either.

I wonder if I should run a proper amount of water into it or leave it? Should I add some veg nutes yet?

I am using canna terra professional plus soil that says it’s pre charged for first week so I am not sure.

She is so pretty :relaxed: But I am worried that her little leg is a bit thin, and if that continues she will break it.

Also, I took a step to becoming a big girl with lights and ordered the roleadro cob 400W full spectrum yesterday. One for now and we will see how it goes from there.

Gonna drive up to our grow shop for the tent sometime this week as well. Will be a happy happy munchkin once all is set up amd she is enjoying some more light.

1 Like

She’s doing great, not stretching much. You could lower light a inch or so, but not much.
As for feeding, that’s a big negative. She’s got all she needs in her baby leaves.
And for ya watering if the medium drys completely you could give a Lil bit but not so much that they stay soaked for days.
Spraying is a much more reliable way than dumping water, imoh. :sunglasses:
Keep em green

1 Like

THanks @Nug-bug, I though it’s probably way tonearly to think about nutes, bit you know how it is;)

She never got soaked to the poinylt that it wouldn’t dru out for days, I am only watering a bit at a time to soak the top and maybe a bit more in a circle around her but not to close. It dries quickly on top but under it’s not so much wet or moist but not dry either…if you know what I mean😬 I guess I keep doing what I am doing.

Can’t wait to see how she develops:) I am so excited and scared I’ll screw up it’s a weird feeling.

Leave it. At this stage, you just need to keep it barely moist. If you water too much, now, you could cause root rot.

Get a small fan & have it blow gently in your grow space, but not directly on the seedling. That’ll help strengthen the stem.

Once those first rounded leaves (cotyledons) are yellow & falling off, that means your girl is ready to eat.

1 Like

Ahh perfect, I have a fan blowing onto her and lights all the time. Should it not blow onto her then?

Well she is defo not overwatered then cus I haven’t put more that two cups at a time into the whole soil around her and that’s a 19L pot.

Thanks @blackthumbbetty!

At seedling stage, you want indirect air, but once older, you can blow her around a bit more roughly. Have it blowing just over her top.

1 Like

You could put a dome on her for about a week. Cut the top off an old h20 or soda bottle, poke a few holes for ventilation (down low, near soil level), then pop it on her. Take it off a couple-few times a day to let the breeze get her.

Thanks @blackthumbbetty, what would the dome do for her? The humidity in the bathroom is at a solid 60 most of the times, fluctuates between 58 - 63. Would increasing the hum more than that benefit her?

On a side not…jezzz I am looking at different strains and seed and ohhh myyy ohh myyy I am drooling over those 3
woooohoooo

all of which are sounding exactly as what I need;D but come in 5 packs min and I won’t grow them all out any time soon. So how long you think they can be kept without spoiling?

You wouldn’t have to water her as often, nor worry about overwatering.

1 Like

Hey, is this an auto?

Thanks:) so robbing me of an excuse to check on her is the main benefit of the dome😉

1 Like

Avoiding killing it with love is the reason for the dome, yes.

3 Likes

Morning, no that one isn’t an auto. Sorry, didn’t notice the question yesterday for some reason.

Yesterday I lowered the lights a bit more as I am able to touch the bulbs.

I moved the fan to blow above her onto the lights alone and the top of the soil didn’t dry out as usually, and humidity went up to 73😳 Interesting

High humidity at this young age is desirable. I think mid 70’s is ok, but 60’s is best. How’s the plant handling lights & humidity? I forget how she looked.

As long as you don’t over/under water, allow the pH to go horribly wrong, or burn her with lights & nutes, all will go well.

1 Like

Thank you @blackthumbbetty she is doing good I think:) her leaf span is now 8 cm, expands quite nicely

I am worried though about Clothes Moths That are flying in the house apparently:/ are they interested in the plant? Should I rentokil my closets?

1 Like

She looks great!

As for the moths, I don’t know, honestly.

1 Like

your plant looks great, just continue doing what youre doing. I would not spray anything until you see insects in your growspace.Seedlings dont take pesticides well.

1 Like