Pulling a # in a 3x3 with Sick

Nice, frosty and fat.

2 Likes

Ok I’ll admit it. I’m pretty impressed with my wife keeping the ship on the path. She didn’t handle the veg part of this grow but she carried them through flower.

29 Likes

She did a fine job!!! Not sure I could leave Mr Vet in care of our plants🤣

8 Likes

Thanks for posting these pictures all in one post, because I would have been forced to used up all of my likes otherwise. :+1:Looking great.

5 Likes

Question… just switched to jacks 321 and wonder how long i can mix a batch and let it sit til next use? Im using soil

Whats the shelf life once mixed and ph’d?

Id rather mix 5gal at at time for a weeks use if possible, i hate mixing nutes.

1 Like

Aerated with aquarium pump and air stone should be fine for a week. Just check ph before feeding, it has tendency to drift doing so.

6 Likes

What about without aeration with an air stones, but with the top of the container open and a few shakes a day?

1 Like

I am assuming the air stone is to keep the mix circulating in order not separate and settle to the bottom

Once its mixed its dissolved completely. You dont need an air stone for solution that is gonna set for a few days. The air stone is just to aerate the water and in doing so it does rotate a bit but that’s not its purpose.

6 Likes

I mix a couple of buckets with 4 gallons of RO each and 1 will sit for a couple of days with no issue, no change of ph, no air stones. I do notice a very slight film on top but doesn’t seem to bother anything

6 Likes

I’ve been watching some of GreenGenes videos on YouTube and in one of his segments on jacks 321 he mentioned that he was chasing purple leaf stems but never had any luck resolving it. He said it never caused an issue with his grows . I’ve started my clones on jacks 321 and am noticing the same thing.
Have you ever run into the purple Leaf stem phenomenon with jacks ?

4 Likes

Look around at other led grows, you will see it regardless of brand used pretty often.

4 Likes

I see them like a “sunburn” from the leds. I noticed the lower branches that are mostly shaded were least affected.

4 Likes

That is one of the possibilities he mentioned in the video I believe.

2 Likes

Today I trimmed a leaf and noticed that the top half of the stem is purple the other half is green . So I think it’s the LEDs.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m looking forward to, need to simplify my life and not be late to work so much making up all these damn mixes for all my plants in different stages of growth 3 or 4 times a week.

Got a 20 gal barrel, will fill it with Jacks on a Sunday and should give me all the water/nutes I need for the work week.

I’ve had my clones and clone mothers and a couple other plants on Jacks 321 for about a month now and they are doing just fine. Just going to finish up my current flowering sessions with the Advanced Nutrients that I’m about out of, then Jacks for everyone.

Also getting canna coco bricks for next grow.

LOL, this thread convinced me to move to Jacks and coco, was getting bored with potting soil and getting tired of perlite dust. Also figured out that I was spending $700-$800 for a years worth of Advanced Nutrients. I think $700 of Jacks would last longer than I have time left on this earth.

8 Likes

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Jacks + Soil? I see quite a bit of Jack’s + Coco on the board, but seems less so of using Jacks with soil.

I’m new to growing and enjoy growing in soil (am comfortable with it, and want to continue using soil for the time being). I use Nectar of the Gods nutes from Oregons Best i believe, but interested in switching to Jacks. I got the Nectar nutes from a sample pack so it was inexpensive, but thinking once I run out and change over to a new grow I may sub for Jacks.

Sick - your wife is just killing it, great job!

2 Likes

@Bulldognuts uses Jacks with soil with no issues I believe

2 Likes

Nice brother :ok_hand:

What is the feeding amount of jacks, and I’ve read to add epsom salt, is there a measurement per gallon for that?

1 Like