Psilocybin Adventures

They seem to be, yes

3 Likes

Once mature the mushrooms stop producing alkaloids. That means that lb for lb the fruits who never reach maturity are peak as they can get as far as potency goes. Aborts are more potent per gram then a mushroom that has grown even 1 gram in weight above mature.

@Docnraq how do you decide when they are mature. Is it a window or a fleeting moment? Maybe when itstarts to *sporealate.

1 Like

A torn veil signals the mushrooms maturity.

Depends on your interpretation of time. Some might say 12 hours is a window, others might say 12 hours is a fleeting moment.
No matter how you slice it, takes about 6-12 hours from veil tear till sporulation.

2 Likes

@Docnraq Thanks for the information. In the past I would harvest sometime after the veil broke but before they produced spores.

2 Likes

That was always my goal, anytime before sporedrop.

2 Likes

This seemed like a great place to drop this video into. What do you all think?

6 Likes

Iā€™ve tried a few grains. Popcorn is my favorite by far.

2 Likes

Im just starting, but the millet seeds have been working really good for me so far

1 Like

Sporulation starts immediately upon the breaking of the veil. The pressure built up inside is released the second the veil breaks.

1 Like

I wish they would give some clue to when they are ready to break their veils :laughing:

2 Likes

It just happens so fast, you canā€™t worry too much about it. You can usually see a slight tear in the veil ahead of it breaking all the way open. As long as you get them then or soon afterā€¦ even if they do spew, itā€™s not the end of the world. When making a spore print, you place the cap (minus stem) on a sterilized piece of foil, put a tiny drop of water on the cap to encourage spore drop (think of rain and morning dew how it brings out the mushrooms), cover the cap with a sterilized cup or small dish and wait 24 hours.

Any breeze will send the spores flying and not fall straight downā€¦ itā€™s how they continue thier legends.

1 Like

They do. Itā€™s right after the point when the mushroom head flares out, plus or minus a couple of hours. You can go from a 1" shroom to harvest time in a matter of a couple hours in some cases. It would be impossible to keep up with. I just pull my entire flush at the same time when they look mostly ready. Itā€™s a lot easier than harvesting 5 shrooms every 4 hours. Some are ready and some are not doing it that way. Itā€™s a small price to pay. Potency is optimal at the point when the veil breaks, but the potency difference on either side of that optimal point just isnā€™t that big. I put all of my shrooms in the same jar when dry and I notice no differences in potency dose to dose.

2 Likes

Like @MidwestGuy said, harvest all at the same time. A cake will give shrooms until contaminated or nutes run out. This means it doesnt matter when you harvest, the same amount of material will be produced. Wait till a few veils burst then harvest the whole lot if em and set up for the next flush. Its a win/win for you because the ā€œstressā€ of all the fruiting bodies veing ā€œeatenā€ will promopt the mycelium to produce more fruits and potentially stronger in potency. Remember, the mycelium is living for the sole purpose of making at least 1 fruit that sporulates. If the first attempt at that is thwarted they may increase alkoloid production to ward off the deer who ate em all last timeā€¦FYI, you are the deer.

2 Likes

Alkaloids other than psilocybin and psilocin themselves? Where did you learn of this? Have links or another reference? Iā€™d like to read up on it. I see nothing in a Google search. All the search give me is the typical psilocybin links with no reference to other alkaloids for defense. I searched "psilocybin alkaloid production defense.ā€

2 Likes

As I understand it its the same for cannabis and thc as well as peyote and other cactus with mescaline. As well as with Bufo frog venom.

3 Likes

Thanks guys & gals, its starting to make more sinceā€¦ just like the cannibas it has a learning curve, & im sure once i start trying it, ill understand a little more :laughing:

3 Likes

Never grown shrooms as theyā€™re classed as a class A here in the UK now (same catagory as heroin etc) :rage::rage: ā€¦ yeah make that make sense :roll_eyes: ā€¦. Anyway, but I have tried DMTā€¦. Now that is a whole different story! Completely changed my life for the betterā€¦ anyone else tried it? A real breakthrough experience on it

1 Like

Did you meet the elves? Iā€™ve never done it but Iā€™ve been thinking about buying some mimosa hostilis root bark powder and making some. Itā€™s not that hard to make and mimosa hostilis root bark powder is legal to buy here in the states.

Iā€™ve spent about 2 years in Birmingham. I loved traveling there.

2 Likes

I was thinking about growing my own mimosa bark too I think you extract the dmt from the roots right? Iā€™m not even sure but that may even grow wild here, and for you also? Not sure tho if thatā€™s just something Iā€™ve made up :laughing: I didnā€™t meet elves but all I can say is I met something, at first when youā€™re falling into the dmt dimension itā€™s scary, time doesnā€™t exist and you feel like youā€™re breaths are so far apart you will stop breathing, but most important thing is just not to panic, let it take you, you will meet beings for sure, it takes 3 average hits on a dmt vape to get the breakthrough, any less you get the standard acid like trip, the breakthrough is what you want :heart_eyes: I teared up when I came back through lol! Like a happy emotional tear, universities in the uk have found a way to ata in the dimension for over an hour because theyā€™re saying itā€™s a real place and theyā€™re trying to map it! So that when people get the breakthrough they know how to navigate it, everyone goes to the same place, meet the same entities, has the same experiences, all over the world, itā€™s amazing bro

1 Like