Psilocybin Adventures

Happy Birthday, @Ebb

1 Like

Thanks @MidwestGuy. Currently doing time in trim jail atm lol.

Ive grown Z and Equador before, both very good strains.

This will serve you well. Focus on sterile procedure and cut zero corners and you will be fine.

1 Like

Happy Birthday @Ebb

1 Like

Tipping my toes in the shrooms :laughing: i think i have lift off in one of my petri dishes

Im assuming i have a few weeks to worry about making the seed jars. Is this correct :thinking: if i let the dishes fill up

3 Likes

Prolly less then 2 weeks b4 the plate is colonized. You can put it in the fridge once it does till you have your jars set up. Just make sure its wrapped in press and seal.

2 Likes

Awsome thanks. Trying millet bird seeds 1st. Anyone have good luck with it

1 Like

Just straight millet? Or Wild Bird Seed?

1 Like

I tried rye berries once. I obviously didn’t cook it right. I ended up with rye berry pudding. :rofl:

2 Likes

Rye berries work great but you have to stop the cooking of them long before you see even 1 berry starting to open up. You can slow the cook by running cold water over them before spreading them out to dry

WBS is super simple to use. Rinse, soak for 24 hours, dry, jar and pressure cook.

2 Likes

Bird food

2 Likes

Omgosh guys im soooo excited :blush: jumping up & down :laughing: :rofl: :joy: the mycelium is taking off… i dont see any wierd colors or anything, so i think my still box worked

I swear its gotten bigger since this morning . Incredible lol

3 Likes

Making 3 diy quart jars, punched 4 holes in the lid. 3 for injections, 1 to breathe… havent finished those yet… ill go tomorrow to target to find tubs to grow in… am i gonna need a tent? Or can the tubs go in with my vegging girls ?

1 Like

Did you put several spots of lc on the plates? Interested to see, I’ve not sen the results of liquid spores onto plates, only tissue samples in order to single out good genetics… that looks like this… really cool:

5 Likes

Yep, 1 is 3 drops from the syringe ( it has the most so far) 1 is from a loop tool dipped in a shot glass that had a tiny squirt from the syringe, & the last 2 are q tips dipped in the shot glass & zig zagged on the agar…my experiment came out opposite of the video i watched. :laughing: :rofl: their q tip one was the fastest i think.

1 Like

Tissue samples will be next once these fill the trays, i dont wanna risk contaminated until they are fully reafy

1 Like

At first, they need to be in the dark (after you transfer the seed to the substrate) . Then once the mycelium completes it run and starts pinning, they won’t do good with full light. They only need ambient lighting. I put mine on the counter where the sun won’t shine directly on them.

1 Like

Ok, so i could put them up on the shelf above the cloner, i think the light hangs below that top shelf… im just worried my house is soooooo dry… like the big tent, if i dont do anything, the humidity reads in the low 30s

2 Likes

When you go and rinse that, a bunch of it is gonna float, those that float are likely empty seeds. Toss em, and rinse it very very well.

DIY self healing injection ports can be made with some red rtv silicone from the auto section of walmart or hardware store. Red because its made for high heat. Punch a hole make a nice blob over hole on both sides of lid allow 24 hrs to dry. Works great! You can also order medical grade rubber injection ports or lurelock injection ports too.

4 Likes