Psilocybin Adventures

Recommendations for spores and substrate? Going down the mycology rabbit hole. Already have everything i need other than subs and spores, and want to start with a fresh bags of sterile substrate and get a flush or 2 before attempting to make my own. I know its not hard to make my own just less on my plate starting out

Also recommended mimosa root bark suppliers

1 Like

There are several methods you can use to grow shrooms. I colonize jars of cooked popcorn and then transfer those colonized jars to a Boomr Bag spread out in 15 quart tubs for further colonization. I fruit the tubs when they are fully colonized.

Shroom growing can be challenging and difficult, mostly due to the risk of contamination. The same environment that shrooms do well in also happens to be the same ideal environment for other destructive form of molds that may contaminate your grow. I recommend watching a few videos on YT to learn of and choose between the various growing methods.

I would avoid Midwest Grow Kits. A number of us have had contamination problems with their products.

Hereā€™s a few of the better YT channels on shroom growing.

4 Likes

I like Ralphsters spores myself. Ralphā€™s r44 strain will pop your top! He has also been in buisness for over 15 years. warning while his customer service is great, Ralph is not a friendly type person. If you email him, his responses are generally coarse. Never gotten a bad syringe from Ralph. As for substrate, Ive never used a premade one.

3 Likes

Ooooh, when I finish the spores I have, Iā€™ll have to try that! The Shamanmushroomspores have lways been good too.

1 Like

Itā€™s just an educational YT channel. They donā€™t sell anything other than perhaps some supplies like tubs or something.

Iā€™ve had the best luck with mushrooms dot com.

1 Like

Cool thats basically what my plan is. I already have a monotub built. I have 24 mason jars with innoculation and GE ports i made. I have an SAB. I still need to get some agar plates and agar. Got the microscope with 500 and 2k x zoom. Got a Martha tent and all the works.

4 Likes

Youā€™re on the right track.

2 Likes

Never tried it. Iā€™ve settled on mushrooms dot com as Iā€™ve had great experiences with their syringes.

Iā€™m going to fire up a grow in late-April.

1 Like

Ok so are the coco coir casing layers worth the extra money or should i just mist as needed?

If your doing a martha, and cubies, no casing layer necessary.

1 Like

Interesting research on DMT conducted by Robin Carhart-Harris, who is a highly respected psilocybin researcher.

2 Likes

@Borderryan22 hey brother did you get your mushie grow running?

2 Likes

Hell naw. I could have too. Weā€™ve been trying to buy a house, but our leasing company hasnā€™t been reporting our payments to the credit company. So itā€™s one of those, any day something could change

2 Likes

So putting an order in at Ralphsters for the 6pack special. Anyone familiar with the strains on that pack? Escondido, Huautla, Mexican Dutch King, Tasmanian, Equador and Z strain.

1 Like

Iā€™ve grown z-strain. I prefer B+.

2 Likes

How are the z strain overall? Yeild and potency

Potency is about the same as B+. My anecdotal experience is that B+ yield is much better (based on 3 grows of Z strain and a dozen B+ grows.)

1 Like

For sure. This will be my first attempt at growing mushrooms so i guess i should be more concerned with ease of cultivation and less about the rest. Although i dont really think im going to have many issues. Im fairly methodical when it comes to doing stuff

1 Like

The Z strain was as easy to grow as B+. That said, theyā€™re all difficult when you consider what it takes to avoid contamination.

1 Like

Toucheā€™ well that being said i have nothing to fear then. Same precautions all the time everytime.

2 Likes