Hey all, I’ve talked many times here about tackling humidity issues, and how I started with a 70 pint a day unit, eventually had to get a 95 pint a day, and the following year I put in a big mini-split A/C-heater-dehumidifier.
I feel so damn stupid because each time I started losing the fight against humidity I always thought it was because I expanded my growing area and added more plants. I’m sure that was a part of it, but there was some other foul play at work as well. I was always diligent with cleaning the filters in my dehumidifiers every couple of days because they run constantly and I have a lot of cat hair in my place, but I NEVER thought to take them apart and clean the coils before.
Check this out! I’ve seen bad, but not like this. I feel lucky it didn’t start a fire!
So if you use a dehumidifier, and especially if you have pets, I suggest taking a peek inside and see if it could use a cleaning.
For the record, it’s been about 2 hours, and the little 70 pint a day is keeping up in there. That hasn’t been the case in a long time. I’m definitely going to save a few bucks on electricity going forward!