Pruning WW Auto

Many of the flower locations are covered by leaves, is it safe to prune at this stage? Beginning of the sixth week from sprouting. If so, any online instructions that y’all trust?

1 Like

Good question and TBT, I don’t know, but I did yesterday.
Never done it to such a pretty lady (similar to your beauty).
Even trying to clone some of the cut pieces (not ready for smoke testing).
Hopefully we will get a better answer from the talent here.

1 Like

The thought of cloning crossed my mind too. I put her through some rough times as she was my first. But the stamina and recovery would be great to capture in a clone.

1 Like

Growing is rewarding on its own right. I am sure that competing in the Olympics or winning the KD must provide a moon-launching excitement thrill (better than Disneyland). Growing a clone for championing is fantastic as all proud parents know.
@Spudgunner may have some posted pictures of interesting looking little ladies he cloned.
SG, nice pictures did they grow?

1 Like

Yah i defoliated right up into week three and four of flower

Got a recommend article that i can use so i don’t screw it up?

Hang on i will post a few linkshttps://www.growweedeasy.com/defoliation

1 Like

@DEEPDIVERDAVE I have never tried cloning an auto. From what I know, the age of a cloned auto is same as the mother, so it will finish the same time. Which means very little time for veg by the time she gets her roots. So anything taken off my auto is scapped.

I do drop my cuttings from my photos in a jar of water and try to get them to root…pretty successfully. In October, I took some for my 2b-son-in-la and they all grew (until his old man messed with his DWC system). I also took some about 3 weeks into flowering when I cleaned up and I kept 3 of them for a shits’n’giggles experiment…because they had little buttons on them and I only have 1 tent, they went back into it under 12/12. Made a cute storyboard with them! Picture was taken 3 weeks before harvest…Sir Smokalot is enjoying a puff after saving the crop from the weed troll.

This grow, I did top my 9 Pound Hammer and my Dutch Treat (she was started 2 or 3 weeks after). Both photos. My Bruce Banner auto I just LST’d it. OK, I also got rid of any branches or nodes that I didn’t think would support a big bud or wouldn’t grow into a nice bud. Now she is looking good! Guess I should get off my butt and take some more pics, which is hard due to the lighting and the fact I’m still not supposed to lift more than 10lbs for a few more weeks so hard to get them out under better lighting. Gimme an hour…

3 Likes

Love the storyboard!! And good info to! Learning should be entertaining!

This was the storyboard from Dec 18th, a week before harvest…

Oh no! The evil troll is attacking the harvest, trying to steal the weed!

Sir Smokalot to the rescue! Back, you little B@stard!

Hurray! The crop has been saved! Time to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labour!

So, the story behind these massive plants…
These are from my 4 Death Bubba clones I got in mid-August. End of September I was trimming off some branches and decided to chuck the tops in a jar of water, my daughter’s boyfriend was going to need some clones soon, and this DB strain is wickedly potent so I cut a bunch for him. Some of my branches had white pistils on the tops, figured see what they would do. Well, most of them rooted, I gave him some that didn’t have pistils and they are now doing ok. Ones with pistils, I planted them and put them back in my now flipped tent (12/12). They took, right into bud! Two months later, stoned and bored, dig out my son’s Lego from storage and make up some stories! What else is an old fart to do?

Anyways, here is one of the 4 mother plants that little b@stard troll hasn’t found yet. 11 weeks of bud so far…what I thot would be Christmas Smoke Weed might be Christmas Harvest Weed! Trichomes still clear…

So that was a Xmas day chop, and a New Year’s burpfest. 12.5 ounces, have 3 left!

2 Likes

@DEEPDIVERDAVE Ok, finished my coffee, went to the tent for pics…lights go out at noon our time (5 minutes from now) so thot 'd better hurry! Fortunately, pots were light (ladies just chug that water down!) even tho they got watered yesterday. Dragged them out into better light for pics.

So this is my Bruce Banner auto. she broke surface Feb 25th. LST on her to try and get her to grow in a spiral. Once she started flower pretty much left her alone, altho got rid of many of the lower bud sites and secondary branches that I thot wouldn’t amount to much.

@GrnyGrows, you asked how I get mine tall? I let them be for the first 5 weeks or so, top my photos, let them recover for a week or 2, then bend 'em like Beckham! My auto (and this is my first!), I waited until mid-March before I started tying her up and abusing her!

Next is the 9 Pound Hammer, popped same day as Bruce did. I let mine grow until I have about 6 sets of branches below where I want to top her, then pop the top in some Roots and into a jiffy. Then I let her recover for a week or so until the (now) top branches have shot up about 8 inches and can be trained. Top branches get bent out and then lower branches bent to match canopy height.

She has a good 30" spread on her, lots of light into the middle. Many of those pissy little branches that are really thin and growing straight up will get cut off and hopefully rooted prior to flip.

And my Dutch Treat. Started end of February? She’s 8" short than the others, so I have her on a block in the tent to keep the canopy same distance to the light.

This is the top of the Dutch Treat. She is in the tent now, should take off soon!

This is my little dome with a T5 17w light. 18/6 schedule. I have a jar of 9lb Hammer cuttings and the other jar is from the Dutch Treat cuttings.

The top of the 9lb Hammer is still trying to root (dropped her about 2 days after cutting, never work on plants before morning coffee!). She doesn’t like the bright light yet, so back under the T5. Looks better than she did a couple of days ago, tho! She’s pulling thru!

Still green, roots might take a bit longer, but they will grow!

These clones will be going to son-in-law’s place, some in the hills, maybe gift a couple to next-door neighbour, who knows!?!? I want to keep the 2 tops tho, they’re mine, my Precious!

1 Like

All looking really good. You gonna have a nice harvest.

Thanks @Knigit ! I’m also doing the Seed Drop this Sunday…planting my last 2 Bruce Banner autos. Gonna be a crazy summer, I hope!

What solution are you using on your clones? In the 80’s I used Kentwood Spring Water, only and it was working for my cloning. Now that i have a PH pen, and use it (or regret not using it, lesson learned). I was wondering for liquid started, what solution. Also using dirt clone method (whatever works and downsizing the team).

Honestly, when I did them in October, I think it was just tapwater!
This time, the ones in the jars are bottles water with a splash (5%) of the food I was feeding them, as it had some Voodoo Juice in it which is good for roots. The 2 tops I took I dipped them in Promix Roots powder and then into a pre-soaked jiffy pod.
I don’t take cloning seriously, it’s more about getting rid of branches I don’t think will amount to much so they come off. But I can’t just chuck them out! If they root, someone somewhere will take them! More do it just to see it done, but if I can time it so I can put some outdoors, why not?

1 Like

Yes and then in the fall, bring a clone back into your grow.

@DEEPDIVERDAVE That’s the plan! Have my little dome upstairs I can keep them in until whatever’s in the tent finishes then. Early August my Dutch Treat and 9lb Hammer should be done if they don’t cook in there this year…last year’s heat dome had the tent at 100! You probably got hit with that one too.