Pruning outdoors

Should i be pruning the lower stalks, ?
Thanks

So far what I’ve read is that you don’t really want to do any heavy pruning until your bud sites are set. You should be able to do some lite cleanup though.

1 Like

I remove the larger fan leaves that are attached to the main trunk about 3 nodes up, and little sucker sites on the lowest branches, stuff that wont amount to much of anything and are generally facing down. Also anything that is touching, or close to touching the pot or soil. I’ve found that doing this has helped me cut down on WPM buildup, as well as allow me easy access to the soil for watering.

2 Likes

Thanks, makes sense, damn it takes a long time to grow if you see it all day everyday.

3 Likes

Ain’t that the truth! If I work a double shift and miss a day or two the next time I see them it’s like BOOM! growth spurt!

2 Likes

Started my weed in January and it wont flower till the beginning of August so let me count my fingers here… ok thats 7 months and not even budding yet! So yep its a long wait! But my my plants are 5 feet at the shortest and equally as wide to 11 feet plus and even wider! So I should get some decent bud?

7 Likes

Thanks a lot, thedeernad

1 Like

Damn thats a nice size bush, my issue is that I dont know whats growing as got seeds from bags of herb.
Its not legal as of yet to grow where I live, but I want to try and buy some seeds from this site.

1 Like

Depending on the dope, you can grow some good weed from bag seed! I grew killer Mexican years ago.

1 Like

What size pots are you growing in?

No you might be struggling after harvest :joy: struggling to smoke all that!

1 Like

In he early 2000’s I grew some damn good buds from mexi bag seed outdoors. The genetics have always been there. It’s mainly the growers who have evolved.

1 Like

probably 300 gallon? Id have to measure in cubic feet, but Id say about that. Also the soil is on ground too, just in raised beds. And that would be 300 per plant.

1 Like

Those roots for those 12fters have to be massive in a 300 gal soil bin. No wonder they are 12 ft now. Room to spread out.

1 Like

Yeah for sure, root mat has a lot to do with plant size. Also getting a good head start helps.

1 Like

I got worried last night at about sunset I went to take a look the the girls and the biggest ones leaves were all drooping, I watered them thinking that what the problem was, Id seen it and did the same, this morning they were fine, apparently the plants go to sleep at night and start drooping, I will check tonight.

1 Like

@bda_phil I thought the same thing last night. I watered after a 100 degree day and probably didn’t need to. We are like parents :joy:

1 Like

Mine droop everynight,. At first light in the am, all tips are reaching for the sky

1 Like

After 100 degree days I would be watering too! Mine are in cloth pots and last year when the temps were high and the humidity was dense I was watering in the morning and afternoon everyday for a while

1 Like

Plus they are seedlings so it’s like they probably need the water but when is it to much. The one seedlings was burning yesterday.