Pruning my autoflowers...should I?

So basically if I have fan leafs blocking bud sites I should bend them out of the way and if that’s not possible then prune them out of the way? I’m just worried I’ll slow growth by pruning but I watch YouTube alot and watch guys pruning, topping, lollypoping ect… With amazing yields but at the same time on this forum most ppl say leave them alone don’t top don’t prune just LST and leaf tucking, it’s really confusing lol

3 Likes

I guess you’re gonna have to roll the dice! I guess I’m gonna have to spend more time on Youtube too, any recommendations?

2 Likes

Yes that’s how I do my autos. If you do have to prune any of the leaves don’t do too many in one sitting. Take some and then see how she responds and if she responds well give her a few days and you can take a few more. But for the most part if you tuck them out-of-the-way that would be great

2 Likes

I definitely wouldn’t top an auto just heavy lst from the beginning. By bending I mean pinch and break the stem so they remain out the way like mainlining. :arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up: You have to roll the dice it all comes down to personal preference though.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your answers it’s much appreciated!!

1 Like

2nd week of flower your probably still in stretch, “if” your going to prune, wait another week.

I treat my auto’s just like photo’s, I top, I prune heavy, there’s a lot of myths with auto’s, timing has to be just right.

These are topped and pruned and lst

I just gave a haircut yesterday, will need another one in a few days

Experiment with 1 plant if your unsure

1 Like

Mr. Cunucks Auto growing he has amazing yields from autos! [quote=“LandShark, post:5, topic:37263, full:true”]
I guess you’re gonna have to roll the dice! I guess I’m gonna have to spend more time on Youtube too, any recommendations?
[/quote]

I’m growing 4 WW autos and I only topped 1 of them and she looks like she’s at least a week behind the rest in flower but she is by far the healthiest bushiest of the bunch so idk lol

1 Like

Keep us posted. My next grow will either be more blue cheese autos or northern lights autos. I’ll experiment some with them then.

1 Like

I’m on day 48 since seeds popped soil

3 Likes

They look perfect!!!

1 Like

I’ve read so many different opinions on pruning or not to that I’m more confused now than I was before researching lol

1 Like

I did too, but, I have a little sense of adventure :wink: I said to myself “go for broke dude”

The least that can happen is my yield can be messed up or I hermie them.

If it was my first grow ever, I might not have done it. This is my first time with auto’s, so far I am liking them better than photo’s, except the cloning part :frowning_face: everything is about timing with them.

1 Like

Ya know what? I have 4 so why not and I’m not just going to do a few leaves here and there I’m taking her close to bald just to see what happens and only because she is the runt and seems way behind the rest and I figured probably not much to lose on this plant anyway but in her defense she has alot of bud sites

2 Likes

:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth: You weren’t kidding!

2 Likes

You’ll be surprised how fast they come back

Is that off one plant lol

2 Likes

He said he was gonna take the runt bald! I’m guessing that’s from the runt.

2 Likes

Yes one plant lol hopefully what doesn’t kill her makes her stronger lol and I will keep posting updates of her compared to the other 3

2 Likes

I’ll definitely be watching to see how she responds :wink:

1 Like

Okay yeah I have 4 WW autos by Seedsman, paper towel germ straight into 5g fabric pots using FOXFARM soil and nutes with Floralicous and BushDoctor Boomerang if growth slows Veg under 2 400w Mh and for flowering I’m using 1000w HPS plenty of air flow I’m at day 48 since seeds popped and it’s my first grow

2 Likes