Pruning did I mess up? And what are the consequences

any time after five weeks is good

This is how they look now

You didn’t mess up but I wouldn’t take any more off. The consequence could be that your plant could die, they get sunlight, etc from their fan leaves

1 Like

4x2 tent

More off everywhere everywhere ?

Also I just did a prune last week this is week 2. Of the last prune. I’ve had it in veg for about 10 weeks now at least that’s what I’m thinking I had trouble in the beginning now it’s growing fast but not tall just bushy and it has big branches 8 to be exact. I was gonna give it one last pruning and then flip the switch to full spectrum 12/12 both veg and bloom lighting. Thoughts?

That actually sounds like a good plan my dude, about what I would do

2 Likes

Healthy looking plant, perky and solid color! Can I suggest waiting or being sure it’s recovered from any cutting, then flip.
Maybe it never skipped a beat anyway which is great.
Its mature enough to flip long before ten weeks. Mattybear (dont wanna tag him cuz he’s a moderator and probably busy) got an awesome grow flipped from birth.

1 Like

Should I be worried guys shit

whoa! beautiful mass of root.
I know almost nothing of hydro. Grow-people on utube show off their roots like that then put them right back in. Maybe smoke and mirrors or Lights and Magic I dunno

for what it is worth. This is what I would prune or LST

The growth i.e. leaves and secondary branches starting below the yellow should be removed. Examples of what to remove is circled.
The tall dominant stem needs to be tied down to the same level or just below the rest .of the tops. If you do not do this it will take off during the stretch and the existing height difference will be more pronounced.

I know nothing about growing in buckets other than water temp is critical (under 70) and the water level in relation to the net pot. Is the staining from the nutrients used? or could be a sign of something else?

10 weeks is veg is a long time. Especially for hydro. I have run that long when in dirt and crappy nutes. Now, with coco and Jacks it has been 55 - 65 days depending on the the type of manifold.

1 Like

So I took off what you told me too I’m gonna wait a week and let it recover and then switch to bloom fuck it it is what it is keep y’all posted!

1 Like

Roots by the way on the top that I was worried about guess it was just a little dirty cause after I switched water it’s looking great like the bottom half . I’m sure this isn’t gonna be the trails I wanted cause of the way I pruned and topped. I messed up a bit after all I saw on vids and shit bat it’s all good. Trial and error my next one will be flawless fuggggit

1 Like

Nothing half-hearted or half-way. Maybe a little more than I envisioned. But she will grow back and the tops should produce some nice flowers for you.
It is good to hear a water change took care of the root discoloration. Good roots will fuel its growth.

Day two in flower should I add nutes ppm at 650?

1 Like

I don’t do hydro. Maybe this will help.
Apparently the publisher didn’t edit this chart. One would think if under hydro a ppm of 10150 and an EC of 2.2 would be same under soil having the same ppm of 1050. Sorry, it’s EC is 2.1

The recommended ppm are similar to other charts I’ve seen.

1 Like

Is that the same plant from pic 5 days ago, pruned and growing back fast! maybe 'cuz different camera angles but looks like it likes to grow

1 Like

Yup loves to grow !!i freak at first but have seen mad growth since.

1 Like

Week 1 of flowering she looks healthy to me just gave her a fresh batch of nutes. How tall before I start to LST?

1 Like

Nice, got a pic from side-view also, to see the under growth?
I won’t know when to start, just lookin for more detail

1 Like