Pruning before flowering

As I get close to flipping to flower, should I prune the bigger fan leaves, or just let em grow ?

You can do either.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll experiment.

1 Like

I’m not sure if there is a correct answer. I prefer to leave them on, but I’ve seen massive pruning also give good results.

Just remember to never take more than 1/3 at a time.
:grin:

That’s the best way. I tried leaving them all on a grow when I started, but they clearly got way too bushy for good air flow. I tried the opposite on another grow and ended up taking off way too much. Over several grows I learned to pick the fan leaves that were either not serving much of a purpose because they weren’t getting enough light, as well as the ones that were clearly blocking light to the bud sites. Just keep in mind it’s best to never remove too many from any one node.

1 Like

Thanks I only prune a few leaves at a time. I’m pretty cautious.

Cap_Ron   

August 10

tommyboy:
Thanks, I’ll experiment

That’s the best way. I tried leaving them all on a grow when I started, but they clearly got way too bushy for good air flow. I tried the opposite on another grow and ended up taking off way too much. Over several grows I learned to pick the fan leaves that were either not serving much of a purpose because they weren’t getting enough light, as well as the ones that were clearly blocking light to the bud sites. Just keep in mind it’s best to never remove too many from any one node.