Pruning Autoflowers - Trainwreck Day 24 -Should I remove 2-3 leaves every 2-3 days?

Uploading: Plant B - Day 24.jpg…

My Trainwreck autoflowers are growing pretty bushy:

1. Are they too bushy?
  2. I am pruning enough?
    I have been pruning 2-3 leaves every 2-3 days.
    Are my plants too bushy with leaves covering up potential flowering nodes?

I started LST early (Day 15).
I have been LST using plant wire every 2-3 days in order to get as many nodes as possible and to keep the nodes at the same height.

Grow Room Details
-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
Train Wreck, Rocketseeds / Crop King Seeds, auto
-Age of plant
24 days
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
33% peat moss / 33% Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil / 22% Perlite / 11% Vermiculture / Mycorrhizal Inoculant by DYNOMYCO
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
12L Smart pot
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
6.8 PH in / 5.5 - 5.9 PH in runoff
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
Filtered water - 345ppm
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
PH meter
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
Indoor 3x3x6
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
300 watt / Full spectrum Mars Hydro LED (2022 model)
-Actual wattage draw of lights
2.85 µmol/J, High-intensity spectrum with enhanced red(3200-4200K,4800-5000k, 650-665nm)
-Current Light Schedule
20/4
-Temps; Day, Night
Day - 75 - 82 F / Night - 71 - 75F
-Humidity; Day, Night
40% - 60%
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Yes, 4 inch inline duct fan 205 CFM / 2 - 6in fans / 1 - 12in fan / HEPA filtration system
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
No AC, no Dehumidifer, Yes Humidifier
-Co2; Yes, No
No Co2

1 Like

Reposting my bigger plant - Plant B - seems to be uploading issues.

1 Like

Girls look green and healthy. In flower.
I would try to trim a few that are blocking light. Bottom area to get better air flow

Thanks for the super quick reply beachglass!
I’m worried about stressing the plants from pruning too many leaves at a time.
Do you have a suggested range of leaves that can be removed at once? Also, does time of day matter?

1 Like

From what I have read, don’t take any more then 30% off at a time. Above advise is spot on, take off leaves blocking light and then start from the bottom to help improve air flow. Also if can wait tell a day you feed nutes then take off leaves help reduce the amount of stress you put on your plant. That’s how I do mine, but I will still take some off here and there if I need too.

1 Like

Ya know. I have a habit of taking a lot off, then feeding. others do different. I think every grower has their own ‘way’. It is the best way to learn.

I took most of the bottom third of these off in 1 day. scissor :raised_hand:

3 Likes

Thank you! Very helpful!!

#1 it’s an auto that looks to have already kicked into bloom. Use lst to pull the outside branches (closest to the perimeter of the pot) away from the center. That will open the center for more air flow.
With more air flow, you can keep more leaves. The more leaves kept on the plant, and getting hit by the light… the more photosynthesizing is possible.
Lower leaves not being hit by light can be removed, so the feeds go straight up to where it’s needed. Your tops.

2 Likes

Those girls are healthy. I would just open them up a bit with a light prune on bottom. ALL the worthless little buried branches 1/3 or so from bottom can also just go. Fans feed flowers so less is more. They will bounce right back if they even stress.